Fancy up your rum cocktail recipes with this strawberry mojito recipe! It’s made with strawberries, mint, white rum, club soda, and a homemade mint simple syrup.
If you’re a mojito person like we are, you’re going to love this twist on a classic mojito. Strawberry and mint are two of my favorite things and when you put them together with rum, you’ll get one of the best rum cocktails on the ineternet!
What is a strawberry mojito?
A strawberry mojito is a rum cocktail recipe made with white rum, fresh strawberries, fresh mint, and simple syrup.
They are a refreshing cocktail whipped up in less than 10 minutes!
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Ingredients You Need
- White Rum: white rum cocktails are a favorite of ours because it’s so smooth and mix well with other things. If you only have spiced rum you can use that too.
- Simple Syrup: in the recipe card below, we are teaching you how to make homemade mint simple syrup, but you can also use regular simple syrup or honey simple syrup.
- Strawberries: fresh strawberries are a must!
- Mint: muddled mint is so fragrant and refreshing.
- Club Soda: club soda is used as a topper.
What can I use instead of white rum?
Don’t have white rum! Try this cocktail with one of the following liquors instead:
How to Make Mint Simple Syrup
Making a mint-infused simple isn’t 100% necessary for this recipe, but it sure does amp up the flavor! Here’s how to do it:
- Add sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Stir periodically and cook until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove syrup from the heat and add mint leaves. Stir.
- Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves and then transfer into an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to Make Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a must to keep on hand for cocktails and cakes. Wondering how to make simple syrup? All you need is water, sugar, and a saucepan.
How to Make a Strawberry Mojito
- Make simple syrup: first make the simple syrup on the stovetop using the directions above.
- Muddle mint and strawberries: add mint, strawberries, and simple syrup to a tall glass. Use a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon to mash up the strawberries and mint leaves to express their flavors.
- Mix cocktail: add in rum and stir.
- Optional strain & serve: option to strain the cocktail through a fine mesh sieve or to serve as is. Serve over ice and top with club soda.
Strawberry Mojito Variations
Mix things up a bit and make your own strawberry mojito recipe variation! Check it out:
Basil: use basil instead of mint.
Raspberries/Blackberries: use raspberries or blackberries instead of strawberries.
Spiced Rum: swap the white rum for spiced rum for a bite.
Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 4-5 strawberry slices about 1 large strawberry (+ more for garnish)
- 4-5 large mint leaves + more for garnish
- ½- oz simple syrup, or more to taste
- 2- oz. white rum
- Club Soda enough to fill the glass
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the sugar has fully dissolved-- about 5 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and add the mint leaves. Cover and allow the mixture to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the mint leaves and transfer the syrup to an airtight container. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the strawberries, mint leaves, and simple syrup to a highball glass. Muddle for 15-20 seconds, or until the strawberries and mint have broken up.
- Add the white rum and stir.
- Option to strain the rum cocktail through a fine-mesh sieve or serve as-is by filling the glass with ice and topping with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint and sliced strawberries,
Tips & Notes
- Option to use regular simple syrup instead.