Blend up your own strawberry daiquiri recipe at home for the most delicious frozen drink ever! And bonus: this drink recipe has NO refined sugar!
We love blended drinks during the warm weather months, but what we don’t love are blended drinks with long lists of icky ingredients you can’t pronounce and unnecessary refined sugars, which is why we’re here with a delicious blended strawberry daiquiri recipe with ZERO refined sugars and ZERO ingredients you can’t pronounce.
And even better: you can whip up a batch of these daiquiris in 15 minutes, making them perfect for a backyard BBQ or afternoon at the cabin.
Strawberry Daiquiri Ingredients
There are no hidden ingredients you can’t pronounce (you know, the ones you’d typically find in store-bought daiquiri mixes!) in this strawberry daiquiri! Just 5 simple ingredients away from the most delicious daiquiri you’ve ever had:
Frozen Strawberries: We love starting with frozen strawberries instead of using ice cubes to give this strawberry daiquiri its blended texture. You can either freeze your own, or buy bagged frozen strawberries from the grocery store.
White Rum: We recommend white rum for a proper daiquiri, but if you don’t have any on hand, vodka will work as well.
Honey: A honey simple syrup is what gives this strawberry daiquiri its sweetness without adding any refined sugars! Agave can also be used with a 1:1 ratio!
Lime Juice: We love the flavor of fresh-squeezed lime juice. You just can’t beat it! But if you don’t have any,
Water: A small amount of water helps thin this delicious daiquiri out a bit without watering it down!
How to Make Honey Simple Syrup
Make your simple syrup by placing honey and water into a small sauce pan. Bring the honey and water to a boil, and then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring consistently. Pro tip: Stirring consistently will prevent the honey from burning to the bottom of your sauce pan over heat.
When syrup has reduced and thickened, remove from heat, pour into a jar, and place in the fridge to cool. This will prevent your daiquiris from melting / becoming too water-y.
Can I Make this Non-Alcoholic?
Absolutely! Simply omit the rum from this recipe, and you’ve got yourself a delicious homemade virgin strawberry daiquiri — similar to THIS recipe that takes the strawberry flavors up another notch with muddled fresh basil! One of our summer fan favorites on Fit Foodie Finds.
Pro Tip: If your virgin daiquiris are a bit too thick in the blender since you’ve omitted the rum, simply add water 1/4 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Can I Make a Double Batch?
This is a great recipe to double (or even triple!) to serve a crowd! Simply multiply each of the ingredients and make using the same instructions. Serve with mason jar glasses for the perfect backyard BBQ beverage.
- Sex on the Beach Slushies
- Hibiscus Arnold Palmers
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Best Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Amazing Summer Drink Recipes
Watch How to Make Daiquiris
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup white rum (6 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 oz.)
- optional: lime slices and fresh mint for serving
- First, prepare honey simple syrup. Place honey and water into a medium saucepan and heat over medium/high heat.
- Whisk until honey has dissolved into the water and then remove from heat.
- Place frozen strawberries, rum, and lime juice into a high-speed blender. Then, add in 1/2 cup of the honey simple syrup.
- Blend on high, stopping to scrape the sides. Your daiquiri is supposed to be thick, but if your strawberries are very frozen, you may need to add a little water to thin things out a bit.
- Taste the daiquiri and add more honey simple syrup (you should have a little left over) as needed.
- Serve immediately with fresh lime slices and mint.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 253 Sugar: 39 Sodium: 3 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 50 Fiber: 3 Protein: 1 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: strawberry daiquiri