This strawberry quinoa salad is hands down my favorite quinoa salad that we’ve created on Fit Foodie Finds.
It is made with quinoa, fresh strawberries, kale, and a perfect hummus dressing you’ll want to slather on everything.
“My Aunt made this for our 4th of July celebration, she was too tired for the dressing, and adapted it to our family’s allergies by using sunflower seeds as crunch instead of the pizzaz. She included blueberries and strawberry vinaigrette and I am in love! I will use the original dressing in my iteration and I am sure to be just as enthused. This will be my summer go to this year as I have been looking for a hearty salad recipe.” – Asia
“This salad is so good that I ate it for breakfast one day! Lol” – Julie
What You Need for Strawberry Quinoa Salad
We love every part of this quinoa salad recipe because it was carefully crafted to mix sweet and savory flavors and also provide a healthy, filling plant-based meal!
- Quinoa – any color quinoa works, but we love the contrast white quinoa adds to this salad.
- Kale – don’t love kale? Skip it. Or, add in arugula before serving!
- Strawberries – the fresher the better when it comes to strawberries.
- Cucumber – cucumber adds great crunch, You will love it.
- Basil – we love adding in a fresh herb to our quinoa salad. Try using parsley instead of basil or even oregano!
- Feta Cheese – Want to keep this recipe 100% plant-based? Skip the feta!
- Red Onion – a little bit of onion goes a long way.
- Salad Pizazz Salad Topper – dump an entire bag right in. That’s right, the whole thing!
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Best Creamy Balsamic Dressing
The key to an amazing salad is a delicious homemade dressing. You are going to love this creamy balsamic. It’s made with a secret ingredient…hummus!
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- maple syrup
- lemon juice
- minced garlic
Use Greek Yogurt instead of Hummus
A tip from the comment section:
Megan said that she loved the salad and used Greek yogurt as a substitute for hummus and it worked great!
One of the reasons we love this quinoa salad so much is that it lasts for a long time in the fridge. We have one piece of advice if you’re planning to meal-prep this — hold off on add the strawberries and mix in right before serving.
Store this strawberry quinoa salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Strawberry and Kale Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup white quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raw kale deboned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 large cucumber chunked
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 oz. feta crumbles
- Salad Pizazz Salad Topper dried strawberry flavored cranberries and honey roasted pecans, walnuts, and almonds
- First, prepare quinoa. In a medium pot, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Once boiling, turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked. Set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes. Option to make ahead or chill in the refrigerator.
- Next, prepare salad dressing. Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Next, prepare strawberry quinoa salad. Place kale into a large salad bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale in order to make it lighter and brighter in color and easier to digest.
- Add strawberries, cucumber, onion, basil, and feta crumbles to the salad bowl and toss to combine. Then, add cooled quinoa and toss again. Add in the full Salad Pizazz bag and toss one more time.
- Finally, drizzle quinoa salad with dressing and toss to make sure everything is fully coated.
- Place salad in the refrigerator to chill and served cold.