I don’t think I’ve met a single person who didn’t like PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps (vegetarians- YOU ARE MISSING OUT!). These are THE perfect way to start a meal…or be a meal for that matter. Low carb (minus the rice, which I just had to add due to my obsession with sticky rice lately) and full of flava flavvv!
Did I mention that they are EXTREMELY easy to make? Like made in less than 15 minutes, easy.
2nd time in history I used mushrooms in a recipe. Ya’ll they are growing on me, okay.
And why do I keep saying ya’ll? Spell check keeps telling me it’s not a word….up here in Minnesota, it for sure isn’t a word.
We do say weird things like “Com-mear once” translated into “Come here for a second.” OR “Alls you gotta do” translated into “All you have to do.” AND some people even say “Can you borrow me that?” translated into “Can you lend me that?”
Man oh man the Minnesota accent.
Sheeze Louise, I get side tracked easily.
Back to these wraps.
I found these cute little mini lettuce heads from Super Target. Feel free to use a normal size head of lettuce. I just love these because they are mini….and I like all things mini.
I thought I’d photograph the exact sauces I use…foreshadowing questions on brands. I usually get my Asian sauces/spices form Target or Whole Foods. The Teriyaki and Hoisen Sauce are not gluten free, but at most health food stores you can find different brands that make gluten free variations.
Kikkoman– you should hire me to create recipes for you…I think I own every single one of your products 😉
For this particular recipe I was going to use chicken breast and finely dice it, but I thought ground chicken would be much easier.
It was SO easy.
All you do is pour on your sauce/marinade, mix, and sauté with your shrooms. Then- add a bit more sauce to thicken it up.
Stuff in a lettuce wrap and add some sticky rice and you’ve got yourself a pocket of love.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- Heat about 2t sesame oil in a large sauce pan on medium/high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground chicken, mushrooms, and basil leaves. Set aside.
- Prepare initial marinade sauce by mixing together 1 tablespoon hoisen sauce, 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, 2teaspoons garlic, and ½ teaspoon powdered ginger. Pour marinade on top of ground chicken and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Once oil is heated, pour chicken mixture onto pan and sauté for about 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is almost cooked. Make sure to stir continuously.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare sauce round two. Mix together 2 tablespoons hoisen sauce, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, ½ teaspoon ginger, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture and let simmer for a few more minutes.
- Arrange lettuce wraps by placing chicken mixture on top of white rice. Enjoy!
This stuff is so yummy, you might even want to ditch the lettuce all together and serve a big scoop over a bed of rice.
Now, that’s what I call a meal.
Check out some of my other yummy and healthy Asian-inspired recipes!
Have you ever had PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps?
What are your favorite Asian sauce/spices brands?