I don’t think I’ve met a single person who didn’t like PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps (vegetarians- YOU ARE MISSING OUT!). These are THE perfect way to start a meal or be a meal, for that matter. They are low carb, super high in protein, and full of flava flavvv!
Did I mention that they are EXTREMELY easy to make? Like made in less than 15 minutes, easy. Look, we made a video to show you how 🙂
And why do I keep saying ya’ll? Spell check keeps telling me it’s not a word….up here in Minnesota, it for sure isn’t a word. We do say weird things like “Com-mear once” translated into “Come here for a second.” OR “Alls you gotta do” translated into “All you have to do.” AND some people even say “Can you borrow me that?” translated into “Can you lend me that?” Man oh man the Minnesota accent.
You’re going to love these Copycat PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps. They can be easily gluten-free modified (with the right gluten free sauce products) and are packed with vegetables. I think that’s one of the hardest parts for me, getting enough veggies into my diet! We snuck some mushrooms and water chestnuts into the chicken mixture just like the real recipe has!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup water chestnuts, chopped
- Heat about sesame oil in a large sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Once oil is heated, add in ground chicken and sauté for a few minutes, mixing continuously. Then, add in chopped mushrooms, fresh basil, and water chestnuts and continue to cook saute until chicken is coked all the way through, around 8-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare sauce. Whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour sauce over chicken mixture and let simmer for a few more minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Enjoy in a piece of lettuce or romain.