Make these healthy chocolate peanut butter muffins for a 100% whole-grain, no refined-sugar added snack or treat! They’re gluten-free and 171 calories!
Happy Sunday Fit Foodie Friends! I’m sure you’ve all gotten your workout in and are ready to watch the big game tonight 😉 I’ll probably be surfing Pinterest and watching House Hunters International on repeat. Thank you Netflix.
Actually- Blake and I don’t have cable and we are totally okay with that. We’ve more recently discovered Netflix (over the past year) and it totally suites us. We like watching 2 or 3 episodes at once instead of having to wait for shows to come on weekly. However we just finished the latest Netflix seasons of New Girl and The Walking Dead, so we are at a standstill. What to watch?!
These muffs rock! They are a spin off of my Almond Butter Banana Bread Muffins. I used the base, but of course changed a few things to give them a new flavor.
I used 100% ground oat flour for these babies. Nuff of this gluten free all-purpose mix. All you need is oat flour and…it’s cheap! You can find it in most bulk sections these days for like $2.00. I don’t mind if it’s not “certified” gluten-free because I’m not gluten-free, but the certified stuff is way more expensive. I want to say Bob’s Red Mill sells it for like 6 bucks and some change.
The muffins turned out extremely moist. Because there is no all-purpose flour or refined sugar, they are a little bit more dense than your average muffin, but well worth the nutrition!
Who needs refined grains anyways.
I upped the coconut oil in this recipe from the last and I think it really did help with the moisture. Coconut oil- I love thee. I actually just bought 2 HUMONGOUS jugs of it (yes jugs) from Costco. These jugs are like 3 times bigger than Spectrum Jars and WAY cheaper. Buy in bulk people…buy in bulk!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins are best when topped with all natural peanut butter and a few chocolate chips. I ALWAYS put toppings on my baked goods. It’s usually some form of nut butter and something crunchy…that’s my recipe for amazing tasting food.
I know what you’re thinking. They are way too cute to eat.
Just do it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
Nutrition (without chocolate chips): 171 calories | 8g fat | 19g carb | 3g fiber | 7g sugar | 5g protein
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 medium-large bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, large
- 2 egg whites, large
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 1/3 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, partially melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray. (Option: to line with muffin liners and spray, but not necessary).
- In a medium-sized bow, mash bananas until liquid. Then add in the rest of the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil, we will add this very last) and mix until smooth.
- Next, add in dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin