Sweet Potato Hash Egg Cups – we’re taking baked eggs to the next level and adding a sweet potato/cheddar cheese base for the most delicious, satisfying savory breakfast you’ll eat this year!
Wow. Has it been a heck of a week. I can’t tell you how many positive, supportive, and awesome messages I’ve gotten from all of you regarding the Healthy Glow Collective. If you are part of the #HGCcommunity, you know what I’m talking about. There is just something about a community of women coming together to do life. Not perfectly, but balanced, real, and raw. Do you FEEL ME? Delicious food, sweaty workouts, and a place to go when you are stressed or have questions.
If you are not part of our Facebook group yet, join NOW.
Let’s talk about business for a second. It’s been really fun and “special” to start a business during this time in my life compared to where I was when I started Fit Foodie Finds. When I started FFF I was 20 years old, right out of college, with zero business experience and zero life experience. I’ve spent the past 6 years doing and learning and making mistakes and taking risks. I have learned invaluable lessons about content creation, digital marketing, photography, cooking, taxes, human resources, and so much more. So this time around, starting another business feels different. I feel confident and excited on a whole other level than with Fit Foodie. One thing that has changed dramatically this time around is having a team. This business has never been an I or a me…it’s been a WE. Monique and Katie are a dream to work with and I am so excited to venture into the Healthy Glow Collective with these two amazing women by my side.
Let’s talk about these egg cuppies! Lin and I shot this recipe in like November and it’s just gotten pushed and shoved by other recipes. HOW RUDE. AmIRight? We’ve made these about 3 times since then and they get better every time 😀 Sweet potatoes + eggs + cheese. Can it really get any better than this?
The base is made up of grated sweet potato, cheddar cheese, and a little bit of garlic. then, you crack and egg on top, season with salt and pepper and bake em! It’s as easy as that. Then you’ve got snacks slash breakfast ready for the entire week. Bingo, bango, bongo.
- ½ cup grated sweet potatoes (~1 small sweet potato)
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray. Alternatively, place paper liners in the muffin tin so clean up is easy!
- Peel a medium sweet potato and use a cheese grater to grate potato.
- Place ½ cup grated sweet potato, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, and ½ tablespoon minced garlic in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon as your scooper, scoop one heaping tablespoon of sweet potato mixture on the bottom of 8 muffin tins.
- Crack a large egg on top of each cup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake eggs at 375ºF for 13-15 minutes or until eggs are at desired consistency.