Looking for a refreshing cocktail to serve this summer? Look no further! Make these Raspberry Ginger Mojitos, made with a homemade honey ginger simple syrup.
Is this not the most gorgeous drink you have ever seen? This beauty of a cocktail was a featured drink at our Berry Barre Happy Hour event in partnership with Driscoll’s Berries that we hosted last week. I wish you all could have been there because we had so much fun. To give you a little run down…Team Fit Foodie is partnering with Driscoll’s Berries this summer to host a series of #BerryTogether berry-inspired events because, well, we are a little berry obsessed and we want to help spread the love. Berries are something that I eat year round thanks to Driscoll’s. I eat them in my oats, smoothies, baked goods, by themselves, etc! If you aske each Team Fit Foodie member what their favorite berry was, you’d hear a different answer from all of us. Mine? Bloobs…but raspberries are a close second! I know I know, choosing a favorite berry is like choosing a favorite kid because they’re all equally delish.
Last week, we hosted our first #BerryTogether Event — a barre class (thank you Nourish Move Love) followed by a happy hour filled with berry-inspired drinks and apps! Driscoll’s sent us 150 cartons…150 CARTONS…of berries for this event. Not only did we have an amazing berry-filled menu, but everyone went home with tons of berries in their swag bag. Here’s what we served:
- Raspberry Ginger Mojitos (THIS RECIPE)
- Strawberry Basil Kombucha Mocktails
- Lemon Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Berry and Cheese Skewers
Scroll down below this recipe to see the entire spread. Almost too pretty to eat…amiright?
So these Raspberry Mojitos are fresh and flavorful and I promise you will wow your guests if you take the time to make these! If you’re wondering how we got them so beautifully red…we actually pureed and strained the raspberries to give us an amazing base. Then, you get a minty/gingery blast from the fresh mint leaves and grated ginger. We kept things refined sugar-free by making a homemade honey simple syrup. A Fit Foodie staple.
Don’t forget to serve these with raspberry skewers and fresh mint.
Raspberry Ginger Mojitos
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4
Honey Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
For the Raspberry Ginger Mojitos
- 6 oz. carton of Driscoll’s Raspberries
- 2 oz. lime juice (~1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 6 oz. white rum (~3/4 cup)
- 6 oz. club soda (~3/4 cup)
- 12 mint leaves
- First, prepare honey ginger simple syrup by combining honey, water, and minced ginger into a small sauce pan. Bring contents to a boil, stirring often. Then, reduce to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and then place in refrigerator to cool.
- Next, place a 6 oz. carton of Driscoll’s Raspberries, 1/4 cup of lime juice, and 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger into a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until pureed.
- Use a sieve and spatula to remove seeds and any other chunks from the puree.
- Slap 3 mint leaves to release flavor and place in a cocktail shaker. Then add 2 tablespoons of raspberry puree, 1.5 oz. honey ginger simple syrup, 1.5 oz. white rum, and a handful of ice. Gently shake until combined.
- Pour over a cup of ice and then add 1.5 oz. of club soda. Repeat 3 more times.
- Serve with a lime wedge and fresh raspberries.
Before I go I want to share some photos from the event because…I’m obsessed. Thank you Brooke for capturing all of these beautiful images. And thank you to everyone who sweat and ate with us!
Be on the lookout for more events later this summer in Minneapolis! I’ll be posting announcements on Facebook and Instagram.
This post is sponsored by Driscoll’s Berries. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my love for all things berries!