Cooking a flawless steak hasn’t been any easier with this air fryer steak recipe! In just 10 minutes, you’ll have the best cut of steak that is perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
The PERFECT Air Fryer Steak
We can’t get enough air fryer recipes here on Fit Foodie Finds! It makes cooking so effortless and easy. And since we have a Juicy Air Fryer Chicken recipe, Air Fryer Salmon recipe, and an Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe, we just had to shoot our shot with an air fryer steak!
With a bit of finessing and taste tests, we present to you the perfect air fryer steak you’ll sink your teeth into. The steak is coated in our fantastic homemade dry rub and can be cooked to your preference. It’s a thing of beauty.
Why you’ll love it!
Makes a juicy steak in a matter of minutes, no stove required!
You get tender steak on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
There is no limit on what you can season your steak with. You can go simple or use our homemade steak seasoning.
Made with Simple Ingredients
- Steak: ribeye or New York strip steaks are the best types of steak for this easy air fryer steak recipe!
- Olive oil: olive oil adds a rich flavor and prevents the steak from sticking to the air fryer basket.
Try Our Homemade Steak Seasoning!
Our homemade steak seasoning is so good, it’ll be your new favorite way to season steak! It’s not only delicious but adds a crispy crust to your steak. Just mix it all up in a small bowl and taste the magic. Here’s what it’s made of:
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Light brown sugar
- Red pepper flakes
How long does it take to air fry steak?
The cooking time of your air fryer steak depends on how you like your steak. The temperatures below were tested with both New York strip and ribeye steaks. Here are the different times that scale from rare to well done:
- 135ºF – rare
- 140ºF – medium rare
- 150ºF – medium
- 165ºF – well-done
Pro Tip: Keep in mind that the larger your cut of meat, the longer it’ll need to cook.
How to Make Perfectly Cooked Steak in the Air Fryer
Season your steak with 1 tablespoon of steak dry rub (or more if you would like) and massage the seasoning into both sides of the steak. Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
PREP AIR FRYER
Next, preheat the air fryer to 400ºF and drizzle ½ tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of the air fryer.
Transfer the steak to the air fryer and drizzle it with the rest of the olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
REST & SERVE
When the steak reaches 135ºF (for medium rare), remove the steak from the air fryer and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve and enjoy your delicious steak!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Steak
When it comes to sides to serve with your air fryer steak, we’ve got you covered. You can serve the steak alongside roasted vegetables or paired with tasty starches:
Tips & Tricks for the Perfect Steak
To avoid an overcooked steak, make sure you COMPLETELY preheat your air fryer before you begin cooking the steak. This will prevent the outside of the steak from cooking before the center is warmed through.
Allow your steaks to get to room temperature for at least 15 minutes before air frying for best results.
Remember that your steak needs time to rest after it’s done cooking. Set aside 10 minutes for this!
Yes! It’s a delicious way to cook a steak that is crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
We recommend flipping your steak halfway through the cook time in the air fryer to ensure that it gets crispy on both sides.
Place your air fryer steak in an airtight container along with any remaining juices and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To freeze, place it in a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat your steak, you can microwave it for 20-30 seconds or reheat it over the stove until hot.
Air Fryer Steak
1-2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1 lb. ribeye or New York strip steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season the steak with 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning (or more if you would like) and massage the seasoning into both sides of the steak. Let the steak sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF drizzle ½ tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of the air fryer.
- Transfer the steak to the air fryer and drizzle with the rest of the olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- When the steak reaches 135ºF (for medium rare) remove the steak from the air fryer and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe has been tested with both a New York strip and a ribeye steak. Both work great.
- The larger the cut of meat, the longer you need to cook the steak.
This recipe has been tested with and without seasoning. The seasoning helps to add a delicious crust to the outside of the steak.
- Steak Internal Temperatures
135ºF – rare
140ºF – medium rare
150ºF – medium
165ºF – well-done
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.
I liked the idea