Stuffed sweet potatoes never looked so delicious with 3 different flavor variations to spice up your weeknight meals. Enjoy!
Amazing Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Is there anything better than baked sweet potatoes?! STUFFED baked sweet potatoes! We’re sharing 3 of our favorite ways to stuff sweet potatoes that you can easily whip up for flavor-packed weeknight meals, including:
Breakfast stuffed sweet potatoes
Classic stuffed sweet potatoes
Southwestern stuffed sweet potatoes
why you’ll love this recipe
One base recipe + 3 amazing flavor combos
Protein-packed: each of these flavor combos are packed with healthy proteins
Easy peasy: make these stuffed sweet potatoes for a quick weeknight meal
How to Make Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
For the full recipe, scroll down to the recipe card for a list of ingredients and instructions.
Preheat & Prep
First, preheat oven to 425ºF, and wash sweet potatoes.
Season Sweet Potatoes
Next, drizzle a 1/2 tablespoon of oil over each sweet potato. Make sure to coat the whole potato. After you oil the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
Wrap & Bake Sweet Potatoes
Then, poke holes (with a fork or knife) all around the sweet potato, and wrap each potato in tin foil. Bake at 425ºF for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the sweet potatoes.
How to tell when sweet potatoes are fully cooked: make sure they are cooked all the way through by poking them with a fork. If there is no resistance, they are done.
Prepare Ingredients for Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
While the potatoes are cooking, choose which flavor variation(s) you would like, and prepare those ingredients.
Assemble Stuffed Sweet Potatoes & Enjoy!
It’s time to assemble your stuffed sweet potatoes! This is a great recipe to involve the whole family — set up a stuffed sweet potato bar, and enjoy 😀
Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato
This breakfast stuffed sweet potato is packed with all of your breakfast favorites, including bacon, avocado, a fried egg and even maple syrup! You’ll need:
- Green Onion
- Maple Syrup
- Fried Egg
Classic Stuffed Sweet Potato
This classic stuffed sweet potato has all the toppings you love in a loaded baked potato, including shredded cheese, chives, bacon bits and an amazingly flavorful dill Greek yogurt sauce. You’ll need:
- Dill Greek Yogurt
- Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon Bits
Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potato
This southwestern stuffed sweet potato is basically taco night in stuffed sweet potato form. Use our famous homemade guac recipe 😀 You’ll also need:
- Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
Let sweet potatoes cool completely. Then, transfer into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Can I freeze baked sweet potatoes?
To freeze baked sweet potato, let it cool completely. We recommend freezing baked sweet potatoes without the stuffing. Then, tightly wrap it in tin foil and place it in a freezer-safe gallon-size bag for up to 3 months.
- 3 sweet potatoes, washed
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 egg, overeasy
- 1/2 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup yellow corn, frozen or canned (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- Juice from 1 lime slice
- First, preheat oven to 425ºF, and wash sweet potatoes.
- Next, drizzle a 1/2 tablespoon of oil over each sweet potato. Make sure to coat the whole potato.
- After you oil the potatoes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, poke holes (with a fork or knife) all around the sweet potato, and wrap each potato in tin foil. Bake at 425ºF for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the sweet potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, choose which flavor variation(s) you would like, and prepare those ingredients. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, make sure they are cooked all the way through by poking them with a fork. If there is no resistance, they are done.
- Top with the flavor variation ingredients, and enjoy.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition facts are for the classic stuffed sweet potato flavor variation.
- Topping amounts are for 1 sweet potato / serving.
- Before starting this recipe, be sure you know what flavor variation you are going to make and ensure you have all the ingredients.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/3 Calories: 419 Sugar: 7 Sodium: 625 Fat: 26 Carbohydrates: 31 Fiber: 4 Protein: 19
Keywords: stuffed sweet potatoes