This peanut butter apple bread is the ultimate fall loaf recipe! It gives classic apple bread a run for its money thanks to the addition of peanut butter and a streusel topping.
If there is one thing you make all fall, let it be this apple streusel bread with peanut butter! This is an OG Fit Foodie recipe and I’ve been making it for years. We recently retested and refined the recipe making it even better!
What do you need for this peanut butter apple streusel bread?
This peanut butter apple bread is made with pantry staples such as flour, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, peanut butter, and milk
The streusel topping reminds me of coffee cake and is made with flour, butter, oats, peanut butter, and brown sugar. It’s truly what makes this bread so special!
“This bread was phenomenal! So moist and the perfect amount of sweetness. I can’t wait to try many more recipes!” -Kaitlyn
Ingredient Swaps and Modifications
- Flour: we’ve made this recipe with white whole wheat recipe and it works quite well.
- Avocado oil: feel free to use coconut oil or vegetable oil instead.
- Peanut butter: if you can’t do peanuts, any kind of nut butter will work such as almond or cashew.
- Brown sugar: feel free to use coconut sugar instead for a refined sugar-free option.
Make Muffins, Instead!
You can absolutely make muffins instead. Simply spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and transfer the batter into the tin filling each cup 3/4 of the way full.
Sprinkle on the streusel topping and bake at 350ºF for 22-25 minutes,
Storage and Freezer Instructions
Let your bread cool completely. Then, remove it from the loaf pan. Store it in an airtight container or gallon-size plastic bag on the counter for up to 2 days. Or store in the fridge for up to 5.
To freeze: let the bread cool completely. Then, wrap it tightly with a piece of tin foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Peanut Butter Apple Streusel Bread
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter (we used Smnuckers)
- 2 large Gala apples peeled, grated, and moisture removed (~1.25 cups)
- 1 medium banana mashed ~1/3 cup or applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 cups plain, unsweetened almond or oat milk*
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the streusel topping by mixing all ingredients into a small bowl until a crumble forms. Set aside.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add the peanut butter, grated apples, and banana. Mix again until combined. Add eggs and gently mix until combined. Lastly, add the almond milk until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and top with the streusel you made earlier.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven, let it rest for a few minutes, and then run a knife along the edges of the bread. Gently lift the parchment paper up and transfer the bread to a cooling rack. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- The amount of milk you use may vary depending on different variables; how long you let the batter sit, altitude, how you measure your dry ingredients, etc.
- You want to batter thick, but pourable. How long the bread bakes will vary by oven and altitude.
- Avocado oil can be replaced with vegetable oil or coconut oil. If you are using coconut oil, be sure it is melted, and add it after mixing the wet and dry ingredients.