This fluffy banana bread oatmeal is double whipped on the stove and made with chia seeds to make it extra fluffy and deliciously filling!
You’re all I ever wanted.
You’re all I ever needed.
That’s what I sang the entire time I ate this oatmeal. This recipe reminds me of college when I first fell in love with oatmeal for breakfast. Stove top banana oatmeal was my go-to because I knew it would keep me full all day and I could get so much volume out of one serving (thank you chia seeds and extra almond milk). Did you know that is the secret to super fully oatmeal? Double whipping it with extra milk. Once you think it’s done cooking, add a little bit more milk and then keep on stirring! It becomes super voluminous and delicious.
This recipe calls for Better Oat’s Organic Old Fashioned Oats. They just redid their packaging and it’s pretty hard to miss at the grocery store. If you’re all about meal prep, feel free to double or triple this recipe. You may need a little bit extra liquid, but other than that it should be pretty true to the recipe. Here’s what else you’ll need:
- Better Oat’s Organic Old Fashioned Oats
- Almond milk
- Maple syrup
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
We topped ours with some walnuts, freshly sliced banana, and some banana bread chunks. YAS PLEASE. If you’re a nut butter lover, we highly recommend almond butter for this.
So so soooooo good! I could (and did) eat this every day!
- Place all ingredients (minus ½ cup almond milk) into a medium sauce pan. Turn to high medium/high heat, mix, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring consistently until oatmeal thickens.
- Add ½ cup more almond milk and mix again. Let simmer for 1-2 more minutes. We call this double whipped.
- Top with walnuts, bananas, and chunks of banana bread.
-Nutrition information does not include toppings.
-Option to double or triple this recipe.
This post is sponsored by Better Oats. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds and my oatmeal addiction. I was compensated and all opinions are my own.