Anything wrapped in bacon is truly better and that is so true for this bacon wrapped chicken breast! Lightly season the chicken breast and then wrap it in bacon and bake 400ºF for around 20-25 minutes.
Our #1 secret tip for crispy bacon wrapped chicken? Make sure to bake it on a wire rack so that all sides can get nice and crispy.
I love batch cooking this recipe because it’s high in protein (45g/serving!) and can be served a variety of different ways. It’s also ready in less than an hour.
You may love that thick oven-baked bacon, but it’s very important to use a medium/regular cut of bacon.We tested this bacon wrapped chicken with a variety of different types of bacon and found that If you use thick cut, it will not crisp up enough during the bake time and if you use a thinner cut piece of bacon, it will cook too fast!
“This was SO easy and delicious! I wish I took a picture. The flavor was awesome and it cooked perfectly, just like the directions stated. I love it when that happens. My whole family really enjoyed it. Thank you SO much!” – Torrie
What You Need for Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- Chicken breast: if possible, we recommend using chicken that is all the same thickness so that they cook the same in the oven.
- Spices: we seasoned the chicken breast with a combination of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bacon: make sure to use a medium-thick cut of bacon.
Become a Pro at Cooking Chicken!
We’ll teach you everything you need to know on how to cook chicken perfectly every time + we’ll share our top chicken recipes when you subscribe to our emails today!
Variations + Other Cook Methods
Seasonings: Feel free to use any premade seasoning mix you have on hand. I’ve made this with our chicken seasoning and it was delicious.
Give it a sweet twist: I absolutely love adding a little maple syrup to my bacon and drizzling a little bit on rightend at the ned is such a game changer — the sweet and salty is so delicious!
Cook them in the air fryer: want to get your bacon super nice and crispy? Air fry at 400ºF for around 7 minutes, flip, and cook for 3 more minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the internal temperature is 165ºF. Check out our air fryer chicken breast recipe.
Our #1 Tip
So, how do you get crispy bacon on the outside, but super tender chicken on the inside? Our #1 tip is a metal baking rack!
By placing the chicken breast on top of a rack, you allow for the bacon grease to drip off the chicken and onto the bottom of the baking sheet. If the chicken was sitting in the grease, the bacon would have a hard time crisping up.
So, make sure to first line your baking sheet with tin foil (for easy clean up) and then place a metal baking rack on top.
Storage + Freezing Instructions
Let bacon wrapped chicken breasts cool completely. Then, transfer into an airtight container and seal. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat: you can either reheat the chicken in the microwave on high for 90 seconds. Or, to get crispier bacon, we suggest reheating in a nonstick skillet or cast iron over medium heat.
To freeze: let your bacon wrapped in chicken breast cool completely. Then, tightly wrap each one in a piece of tin foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Ways to Serve this Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Looking for a few sides to complete your back wrapped chicken breast meal? In addition to our bacon wrapped chicken salad, here are a few more yummy ideas:
- Baked Potato in Foil:
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Superfood Detox Salad
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place a wire rack on top and set it aside.
- Combine all of the spices into a small bowl and mix.
- Then, season each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of chicken seasoning, making sure to get both sides. Save the remaining spices for later.
- Next, wrap each chicken breast with 2 to 3 pieces of bacon depending on how big they are. Start at one end and move to the other. Transfer each bacon wrapped chicken breast to the wire rack.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken breasts with the remaining seasoning.
- Bake chicken breasts at 400ºF for around 20-25 minutes. Then, turn the heat up to 450ºF and bake for 5-10 more until the bacon is crispy. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165ºF and the bacon should be fully cooked.
Tips & Notes
- Bacon: make sure NOT to use thick-cut bacon or it will not crisp up like it you want it to.
- Sweet and Savory: for a sweet and savory flavor, sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each chicken breast before baking.
- A wire rack is extremely important for crispy bacon! We tested this recipe with and without a wire rack and found that the only way to get the entire chicken breast nice and crispy is to use one. Don’t forget to line your baking sheet with tin foil!
- Air fryer directions: Air fry at 400ºF for around 7 minutes, flip, and cook for 3 more minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the internal temperature is 165ºF.