There is so much you can do with this chicken fajita marinade! It is quick and easy to whip up this chicken marinade, add it to chicken, and add it to your favorite fajita recipes!
How to Use Chicken Fajita Marinade
How do you use chicken after you’ve marinated it in fajita marinade? Let me count the ways! Honestly, there are countless ways.
After marinating chicken in fajita marinade, you can make recipes like these fajita breakfast burritos or this fajita chicken breakfast bake. You can even just shred or chunk your chicken for nachos or classic fajitas!
Below are some of the possible ways that you can prepare your chicken after it’s marinated to perfection!
Chicken Marinade Ingredients
The hope is that you have most of the spices you need to make this marinade right in your own home. If not, everything on our ingredient list is easy to find! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Chicken breast
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Rice vinegar
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Minced garlic
- Ground pepper
Marinate Chicken for THIS Long
The biggest piece of advice we have when marinating chicken is the longer the better! If you can marinate your chicken for 24-hours, do it!
However, if you only have 30 minutes or 2 hours, that’s okay too.
How to Freeze Marinated Chicken
Last, but not least. You CAN freeze this marinated chicken for later! Why would we do this?
- It’s great to have on hand for a flavorful meal during the week.
- You can cook a frozen chicken breast in 8 minutes in the Instant Pot (check out how here!)
- You can prepare a meal ahead of town for someone in your life!
To marinate chicken, you just place the chicken breast and marinade ingredients into a freezer safe container. From there you place it in the freezer for up to 3 months!
- 1 – 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients for the fajita chicken marinade (minus the chicken breast) into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place chicken breast into a glass container or gallon-size bag. Then, pour the marinade on top of the chicken, making sure it is covered.
- Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or for best results, overnight.