Your weeknight dinner solution is here! These Crockpot Chicken Fajitas pack delicious fajita veggies + perfectly cooked chicken breasts + flavorful fajita seasonings.
Everything is cooked in the crockpot itself, making this the easy dinner of your dreams.
The Easiest Fajita Recipe!
This crockpot chicken fajita recipe is seriously a one pot, set it and forget it recipe! You’ll place all your ingredients in the crockpot (including this flavorful homemade fajita seasoning!) and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 6 hours, and voila! Chicken fajitas are served! If you’re looking for an easy weeknight din, this is it!
How to Prepare Chicken Fajitas
The key to getting the tender, perfectly cooked chicken for this recipe is to cook the breasts WHOLE in your crockpot before taking the cooked breasts out and slicing fajita-style right before serving. We tested this recipe slicing the chicken raw and then cooking, but the chicken was over-cooked and tough.
This method also allows the fajita veggies to cook perfectly in the same amount of time as the meat. Nobody wants overcooked, mushy fajita veggies!
Toppings for Fajitas
Now that you’ve got the perfectly prepared chicken fajitas, let’s talk toppings! Feel free to make this recipe your own, and add your favorite fajita toppings. You’ll find us serving our crockpot chicken fajitas with the following (depending on what we have on hand):
- Shredded cheese or crumbled cotija
- Lettuce or cabbage
- Greek yogurt
- Diced onion
- Diced tomato
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Squeeze of lime juice
How to Serve Fajitas
No need to stick with the traditional hard or soft shell taco if you’re looking for a low carb or GF option instead! These crockpot chicken fajitas are great in so many different ways, like:
In a soft shell: we love flour, corn and Siete’s cassava flour soft shells!
In a hard shell: Siete also makes a hard shell taco shell that we love. Otherwise, you’ll find us grabbing the traditional hard shell corn tortilla.
In a lettuce wrap: We love using romaine hearts or cabbage leaves for a delicious and low carb lettuce wrap fajita!
As a salad: Who doesn’t love a chicken fajita salad?! Simply put fajita veggies + the fajita chicken over a bed of lettuce, and you’re on your way to a delicious fajita salad.
More Fajita Recipes
- Keto Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Recipe
- Fajita Breakfast Burritos
- Turkey Fajita Egg Cups
- Fajita Nachos with Avocado Crema
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup broth or water
- 6 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- First, prepare homemade fajita seasoning mix by following the recipe in this post. You will need to double that recipe to get 6 tablespoons. Then, set aside.
- Next, spray the bottom of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 lb. chicken breast onto the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Core and thinly slice bell peppers and thinly slice a large yellow onion and add those veggies to the slow cooker.
- Pour in a can of tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of broth and sprinkle on fajita seasoning.
- Mix well, making sure that everything is coated.
- Clean the sides of your slow cooker with a spatula and make sure that the chicken breast is sitting underneath all of the veggies.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for around 6.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked. Remove and cut into thin slices.
- Put the chicken slices back into the crockpot and mix everything together.
- Then, add in the juice from 1/2 medium lime and 1 tablespoon hot sauce (if desired) and mix again.
- Serve with your favorite street taco shells and all the fajita fixings.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition does not include tortillas and toppings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 226 Sugar: 11 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 5 Protein: 25
Keywords: crockpot chicken fajitas