We’re calling this turkey chili recipe a lazy girl chili because it’s just that easy to make! It’s made with ground turkey, beans, your favorite salsa, and chili seasoning.
Use our homemade chili seasoning in this healthy turkey chili to make it even easier!
On days when I try to be lazy (which is hopefully at least once a week), I try and stay lazy in the kitchen too. This is why I ALWAYS have plenty of canned beans and frozen ground meat on hand so that at any moment, I can throw it all in the crockpot and let it simmer.
I call this batch of ground turkey chili, lazy girl turkey chili because it’s just that…LAZY!
What makes this chili lazy?
Canned ingredients: No need to make your own beans or diced tomatoes. I like to keep canned beans and tomato products in my cabinets at all times just in case I want to whip up a batch of chili!
Salsa: Salsa is a great way to add tons of flavor without very much work. You can also control the heat of this recipe by how spicy your salsa is.
Chili Seasoning: Whether you’re using a storebought chili seasoning or a homemade chili seasoning, having this spice mix on hand will save you time and money.
Multi Cook Method: Whip up this easy turkey chili on the stove-top OR be completely hands-off and use your slow cooker. The choice is yours.
Can you freeze turkey chili? To freeze turkey chili, let it cool completely. Then, transfer it into a freezer-safe gallon size bag or Tupperware and remove as much air as possible. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
Is chili healthy? Turkey chili is healthy because it’s high in protein and fiber.
How can I thicken my chili? To thicken your chili you can let it simmer on low to reduce all of your ingredients or try to add a little bit of cornstarch.
- Best Beef Chili
- Crockpot Chicken Chili
- Black Bean Quinoa Chili
- Vegan Instant Pot Chili
- Super Simple Green Chili
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 12-oz. jar salsa (mild, medium, or spicy), about 1.25 cups
- 3 tablespoons chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- Place all ingredients minus the coconut oil into a slow cooker and mix.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours stirring periodically.
- Place olive oil and minced garlic into a large stockpot and heat over medium/high heat.
- Then, add in ground turkey and and saute until fully cooked.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for around 10 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Olive oil: if you are using the slow cooker, omit from recipe.
- Updated: this recipe was slightly updated on 9/8/2019.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 361 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 823 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 49 Fiber: 12 Protein: 27
Keywords: turkey chili