Can’t have eggs or dairy? No problem! Make these amazing Vegan Banana Pancakes. You’ll sub a flax egg for eggs, almond milk for cow’s milk, and soy yogurt for dairy yogurt.
Need more vegan breakfast ideas? Check out some of our favs: Vegan Baked Oatmeal, Almond Butter Banana Bread Waffles, Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats.
Vegan Pancakes Rule!
Who is ready for the most delicious and easy vegan pancakes on the planet?! We don’t have a ton of experience making pancakes without farm eggs, but let me tell you, the flax eggs are what made these pancakes extra moist and extra perfect.
In addition to flax eggs, these vegan banana pancakes are made with other whole and plant-based ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
- white whole wheat flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- teaspoon salt
- mashed banana
- vanilla extract
- dairy-free yogurt
- unsweetened almond milk
- coconut oil
Flax Egg Deets
If you’ve never made a flax egg before, it’s super simple. We have a super simple Flax Egg tutorial on FFF, but here is a quick rundown.
All you do is mix together 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal (AKA ground flaxseed) and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Let it sit for about 15 minutes or until it becomes slimy/gummy.
Flax eggs essentially take the place of a farm egg and help bind everything together just like a normal egg. When I gave Mark a taste test of these pancakes he said, THESE PANCAKES HAVE THE BEST TEXTURE I’VE EVER TASTED. Winning.
These are seriously the best banana pancakes on the internet! Made with whole grain flour, ripe bananas, and coconut oil, this healthy banana pancake recipe is the perfect weekend breakfast.
Easy Vegan Pancakes Base
This pancake batter is such a great base for endless add-ins and toppings. We made half the batch with wild blueberries and topped them with almond butter, hemp seeds, more yogurt, and maple syrup! SO GOOD. Check out more add-in ideas below.
- peanut butter + chocolate chips
- strawberries + coconut whipped cream
- dairy-free yogurt + slivered almonds
Can you freeze pancakes?
Yes you can freeze pancakes! Let your pancakes cool completely before tightly wrapping them in plastic wrap and then tin foil. They will stay good for up to 3 months in the freezer.
More Healthy Pancake Recipes
Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch teaspoon salt
- 1 medium banana mashed (1/2 cup)
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5.3 oz. container Vanilla Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative 1/2 cup
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened AlmondMilk
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, prepare your flax eggs by mixing together 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of warm water. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Next, mix together dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana until liquidy. Then, once your flax eggs are slimy/gummy, add those to the large bowl and mix. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients other than the coconut oil and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix until smooth. As your batter sits it may thicken, so add extra almond milk as needed.
- Preheat a large frying pan to low/medium heat and spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Scoop a heaping 1/3 cup of the batter onto your pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fully cooked.
Tips & Notes
- *These pancakes cook the best on a lower heat. If your burner is set to medium/high, the middle may not cook all the way through.
- *As your batter sits it may thicken, so add extra almond milk as needed.
Today we’re partnering with Silk to bring you a back to school friendly recipe that will have the entire family obsessed. These whole grain pancakes are vegan, made sans dairy or eggs!
They feature Silk’s yummy dairy-free yogurt alternative, which adds to the creaminess and flavor of the pancakes. They’ve got tons of flavors and for those that like to flavor their own yogurt, they have a plain variation. This product is an excellent replacement for those that can’t do dairy, but still want a protein-packed tangy supplement. There’s 6g of protein per serving and no high-fructose corn syrup included! Find more Silk yogurts year you and snag a coupon here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
These were DEE-LICIOUS! Nice and hearty; great flavor.
So glad you loved these vegan banana pancakes!
I LOVE banana pancakes. This recipe is just super easy, it’s incredible! Oh and I did try Silk’s dairy free yogurt alternative at Sprouts one day and fell in love. It tastes JUST like Greek yogurt. So unbelievably delicious! Might add a scoop of protein powder in a batch of pancakes for extra protein too!
Looks delicious. This is the best pancakes with yoghurt.
Vegan yogurt pancakes?! Boy, was I fooled when I first saw this recipe! I thought it would contain Greek yogurt, but I’m so happy these are vegan-friendly and dairy free! OMG! They look absolutely fantastic!
Right?! I hope you LOVE this recipe!
Totally going to make these sometime this week! Thanks for the share, love checking out your blog!
these look and sound SO GOOD! and perfect for me to be dairy free! thanks for an awesome looking recipe!!! –