This triple berry breakfast bread is a moist, perfect for a quick morning breakfast, and it is so easy to make! Make a pan of this breakfast bread and top it with your favorite nut butter or Greek yogurt!
Breakfast for the Week
To eat breakfast or not to eat breakfast, that is the question. Whether you are a breakfast person or not, the answer should be YES, eat breakfast!
This triple berry breakfast bread is like a big berry pancake in a pan! HA. We love this bread because…
- All you need is a bowl and a pan to make this bread!
- This recipe is fool-proof! It is forgiving if you over mix, or need to make substitutions.
- It is easy to make at the beginning of the week and eat it all week long!
What Berries Are Best for Breakfast Bread?
This breakfast bread is sweetened by a little maple syrup and with BERRIES! We used blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries for our breakfast bread! However, feel free to use any of the berry options below!
- Any frozen berries would work, too!
Watch out for this–> Try your berries before you use them! Some berries may be really tart! If your berries are super tart, feel free to add a little extra maple syrup to balance out the sweet + tart!
Everything You Need to Know
Though this breakfast bread is super easy to make, here are a couple of questions you may have, ANSWERED!
Do I have to use an 8×8-inch pan for this bread?
We do recommend using an 8×8-inch pan for this bread! You could try a 9×9-inch or loaf pan, but the bake time would change so you would need to keep a very close eye on the bread!
What do I top breakfast bread with?
You can top your breakfast bread with anything you fancy! Here are a couple of great options!
- Nut butter (cashew, peanut butter, almond)
- Greek yogurt
- Coconut whip
- Fresh berries
Can I substitute the berries with a different fruit?
If you don’t have berries, feel free to substitute chopped apples!
Can I freeze breakfast bread?
Yes, you can freeze breakfast bread! We recommend letting the bread cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap to seal out air and then tin foil!
The breakfast bread can last up to three months in the freezer.
Healthy Breakfast Bread Recipes
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or mashed banana for a sweeter cake)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- maple syrup/honey
- nut butter
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients minus the berries in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Next, add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Finally, add berries and lightly mix to combine.
- Transfer batter into baking dish and sprinkle on additional berries and oats, if desired. Bake at 350ºF for around 40 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let breakfast cake cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 163 Sugar: 10 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 29 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6