I had zero intentions of posting this recipe today…only because it was a last minute creation after I got home from work Monday night and had plans on posting either a Pumpkin Bar recipe (which I think I’m saving for October) or Healthy Blueberry Cobbler Recipe. Both mouthwatering, if I don’t say so myself 😉
Facebook rules…this recipe got hands down the most vote. So here it is!
Meat lovers, I am sorry, but this recipe is meatless. **Did you know: Before I met Blake I only ate meat around once a week and now I eat it multiple times/day. Just one great reason why I love Blake…he brought the meat back into my life!
There is nothing extraordinary about this recipe, just lots of good, whole flavors mixed together to create a delicious soup-like chili.
There is a secret ingredient…other than these serrano peppers.
That’s right, the entire time the chili was slow cooking on the stove, a stick of cinnamon lettin’ out its flavor!
Serves: 8 servings
- -3 can black beans, low sodium, rinsed
- -1 cup quinoa, uncooked, rinsed
- -3 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- -2 cups water
- -1 can hominy or yellow sweet corn, rinsed
- -1 can diced tomatoes
- -1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- -1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- -1 tablespoon minced garlic
- -1 green pepper, chopped
- -1/2 medium onion, diced
- -1 cinnamon stick
- -2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- -1 teaspoon cumin powder
- -1 teaspoon onion powder
- -1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- -1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a large pot. Turn heat to medium/high and bring to a rolling boil. Then, cover and let simmer on low for about an hour. Serve with diced green onions and avocado.
Oh leftovers. You are about to be my best friend.
More FFF chili recipe ideas…
On this weeks agenda
- Recipe creation for Designer Whey and Anytime Fitness
- Photo Editing for the blog
- Packing for Florida
- Florida Thursday-Sunday! <— be on the look out for some awesome guest posters! Can’t wait!