Spice up your classic margarita recipe with some jalapeño infused tequila and juicy, fresh grapefruit juice for the most delicious cocktail on the planet!
During my trip to San Miguel I fell in love with margaritas. HARD. I LOVE citrus when it comes to cocktails…and the fresher the better. As you know, we stayed with Linley’s in-laws during our recent trip to Mexico, and lets just say that Mary is a margarita GODDESS.
Her recipe is a perfect mixture of spicy, sweet, and citrus. Want to know her secret?
INFUSING TEQUILA WITH JALAPEÑOS. Which, I have to say, is really easy to do and will change your life.
Pure genius. Lin and I started scheming a Fit Foodie margarita recipe after our first sip. We wanted to deviate a little bit from a classic marg recipe. INSERT —> freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Seriously there is nothing better that the sweet and sour flavors of grapefruit. Plus- THAT COLOR. It reminds me of Spring.
Today I am teaming up with Sweet Scarletts for this delicious Spicy Grapefruit Margarita recipe. They’re the most perfect grapefruits I’ve ever tasted. Not too sour and a little bit sweet! If you live in the Twin Cities…you are in luck because Cub AND Target carry them!
Lately I’ve been infusing my water with fresh grapefruit. It helps me stay hydrated and get my vitamin C. I refuse to get sick AGAIN. EATALLTHEVITAMINC I also love adding grapefruit slices to my salad or making a simple grapefruit juice + EVOO + balsamic dressing. NOM.
We got super crafty with the salt rims in these photos —> sea salt + paprika + cayenne + coconut sugar.
Spicy Grapefruit Margaritas
- Yield: 2
- 2 fl. oz. tequila
- 2 fl. oz. grapefruit juice
- 2 fl. oz. lime juice
- 2 jalapeño slices + more for serving
- 1 fl. oz. simple syrup
- 1 to 2 cups of ice
- Place tequila in a jar or cup. Then, add in a couple of slices of jalapeños plus the seeds. Let sit for at least 30 minutes so that the tequila can get infused with the spice.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of ice to a cocktail shaker and then pour in the infused tequila. Add the rest of the ingredients. Option to add more simple syrup, depending on your preference.
- Give the shaker a good shake so that everything gets mixed together.
- Serve over ice with fresh grapefruit slices, jalapeño slices, and a salty rim.
This post is sponsored by Sweet Scarletts and Millennial Blogs. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds and my love for grapefruits 🙂