This strawberry vodka lemonade is made with fresh, flavorful ingredients and is refined sugar-free. Featuring a strawberry purée, homemade honey simple syrup, and tart lemons, this cocktail tastes like sunshine!
We love using fresh ingredients in our cocktails and this strawberry vodka lemonade recipe is no different. Each part of this drink is completely homemade – simply blend strawberries and strain through a sieve for the purée, make a honey simple syrup, and squeeze fresh lemons. Add vodka, ice, and enjoy!
This sweet, tart, and refreshing spiked lemonade tastes like we bottled up all things spring and summer. It’s a fun seasonal cocktail recipe that celebrates everything we love about the warmer months of the year. Cheers!
“We loved this fresh cocktail!!!!” – Katy
What is in strawberry vodka lemonade?
There are 3 parts to strawberry vodka lemonade:
- Strawberry Purée: This strawberry vodka lemonade is made with real strawberries that are puréed and mixed into the drink. Place whole strawberries and water into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture over a sieve and use a spoon to press the purée through the holes to ensure a seedless purée. We also use real strawberries in our frosé, frozen strawberry margarita, strawberry mojito, and strawberry daiquiri recipes.
- Honey Simple Syrup: All you need are honey and water! Bring the honey and water to a boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir consistently to prevent the honey from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Fresh Lemon Juice + Vodka: Can’t have vodka lemonade without freshly squeezed lemon juice and vodka. You’ll need about 4-6 lemons for this lemonade.
Strawberry Vodka Lemonade Variations
Like all of our cocktail recipes, we encourage you to customize this strawberry vodka lemonade to your personal preferences. Here are a few ways to mix it up:
Berries: Instead of strawberries, try this recipe with the same amount of fresh blackberries or raspberries (or a combination of all 3 for a mixed berry vodka lemonade).
Sweetness: For a sweeter drink, use less lemon juice. For a more tart drink, use less simple syrup.
Simple Syrup: Instead of honey simple syrup, use classic simple syrup (this is also a way to make a vegan variation of this cocktail).
How to Make Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a must to keep on hand for cocktails and cakes. Wondering how to make simple syrup? All you need is water, sugar, and a saucepan.
Can you make this lemonade non-alcoholic?
Absolutely! Simply omit the vodka from this recipe for a virgin strawberry lemonade. Or, try our strawberry lemonade recipe which takes it up another notch with muddled fresh basil.
Can you make a double batch?
This is a great recipe to double (or even triple) to serve a crowd! Simply multiply each of the ingredients and follow the same instructions. Serve in a large beverage dispenser with mason jar glasses for the perfect backyard BBQ beverage.
Store this strawberry vodka lemonade in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Because we use fresh strawberry puree and fresh-squeezed lemons, this lemonade will not keep as long as store bought pasteurized drinks do.
Turn them into ice cubes!
- Freeze this strawberry lemonade (before adding the vodka!) in ice cube trays.
- Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag and keep in the freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw and add an ounce of vodka to each cup of strawberry lemonade. Or, drop a few cubes into a glass of traditional lemonade (or boozy drink) for an added flavor punch.
Strawberry vodka lemonade was meant for summertime! This is the perfect cocktail to make for a backyard BBQ or outdoor meal. Garnish each glass with a fresh strawberry and/or lemon wedge or get really fancy and add a fun sugar rim before serving.
PS: try our NA version –> strawberry lemonade!
Strawberry Vodka Lemonade
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 4-6 large lemons
- 1.5 cups water
- 8 oz. vodka 1 cup vodka
- First, make simple syrup by placing honey and water into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring consistently.
- When syrup has reduced, remove from heat, pour into a jar, and place in the fridge to cool for later.
- Next, create strawberry puree. Place strawberries and water into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour over a sieve and use a spoon to press the puree through the holes separating the seeds from the puree. Set aside.
- Next, juice lemons with a juicer until you've reached about 1 cup. Depending on how juicy your lemons are, you'll use about 4-6 lemons.
- Pour lemon juice, additional water, strawberry puree, and vodka into a large pitcher and mix well. Add in honey simple syrup and mix again until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until chilled. Serve over ice.
Tips & Notes
- Storage: Store this strawberry vodka lemonade in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Because we use fresh strawberry puree and fresh-squeezed lemons, this lemonade will not keep as long as store bought pasteurized drinks do.