Make 2017 the year you eat real food! You’re going to love these Healthy Salmon Avocado Boats. They’re made with flakey salmon, tons of fresh herbs, and ripe avocados.
My first job out of college was in social media. I worked at the headquarters of a big fitness chain here in the Twin Cities. I remember like it was yesterday, waking up before the crack of dawn to pack my lunch, shower, do my hair and get myself off to work all before 7:15AM. Did I mention I had a 45 minute commute, too? My office was located in Hastings, MN…which is on the Wisconsin/Minnesota border,ot really in the Twin Cities at all AKA pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Actually, fairly close to the River House! What I’m trying to say, is that I had to drive 15 minutes one way to get lunch, so packing my own was pretty much my only option!
Where am I going with this? Well- for all you worker bees out there, these salmon avocado boats need to be your jam! Today I’m partnering with Chicken of the Sea for this delicious, 5 minute recipe perfect for the New Year!
You read that right, all it takes is 5 whole minutes to make this delicious lunch! The base of the herby salmon salad is Chicken of the Sea’s Skinless Boneless Pink Salmon. I love salmon for so many reason and don’t eat nearly enough of it!
- high protein
- healthy fats
- low carb
The EZ-Open cans are a lifesaver! I can’t tell you how many can openers I’ve broken in my day. They’re also great for on-the-go…especially if you plan on preparing at work…or at 5 in the morning when you can barely see straight #EatMoreSeaFood, people!
Pro tip: If you are only eating 1 serving at a time, make sure you keep the pit of the avocado inside the second half of the avocado. Place it in a plastic bag and into the fridge for later!
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon in EZ-Open Cans
- 2 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- optional: sriracha, to taste
- First, slice open 2 avocados and remove the pits. Set aside.
- Then, mix together the rest of the ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Fill each avocado half with ¼ of the salmon salad. Top with sriracha and a squeeze of lemon.
This post is sponsored by Chicken of the Sea. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds and making this website possible!