These Gingerbread Cookie Bars are the perfect festive sweet treat! Whip up a batch, and you’ll be biting into these deliciously chewy bars in under an hour. Enjoy!
These gingerbread cookie bars are ooey gooey, ginger-y, and made with healthy ingredients! They truly are the perfect healthy dessert recipe for any festive occasion.
When it comes to healthy desserts, we love using nutrient-packed ingredients that not only taste good, but that are good for you! Here are some star ingredients for these gingerbread cookie bars:
Cashew Butter: Cashew butter adds just the right amount of fat as well as a delicious nutty flavor to these gingerbread cookie bars. Just make sure that the cashew butter you use is drippy and easily stirred with a spoon.
Don’t have cashew butter? Try using almond butter instead!
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is our favorite plant-based liquid sweetener. It not only adds sweetness but a little warmth to bring out the amazing flavor of the gingerbread spices.
Molasses: We opted for molasses in these cookie bars not only because the flavor is PERFECT for gingerbread baked goods, but also because it also gives these bars a super moist and chewy texture.
Gingerbread Spices: We used a combination of cinnamon + ginger + cloves + anise to create the most perfect gingerbread flavors for these bars. A delicious combo of spicy and sweet.
More recipes with gingerbread flavors
Got the itch for that delicious gingerbread flavor?! Check out our other delicious desserts and snacks featuring gingerbread flavors:
How to Make Gingerbread Cookie Bars
This recipe could not be easier! You’ll need an 8×8 baking pan, and under an hour to whip up this festive dessert:
Preheat & Prep
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Mix Dry Ingredients
Next, add all of your dry ingredients (minus the white chocolate chips!) to a bowl and mix everything together.
Mix Wet Ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Then add the rest of your wet ingredients to the eggs and mix well.
All Together Now
Slowly add your dry ingredients into wet ingredients. When ingredients are well combined, pour the dough into your baking dish. Spread out evenly with a spatula and sprinkle with white chocolate chips on the top.
Bake Your Bars
Bake bars at 350ºF for 15-18 minutes (depending on your oven!) and how gooey you like your cookie bars. Bake a little longer for cake-ier bars, or a little less for gooey bars.
Use a toothpick to test the center of your bars — when the toothpick comes out clean, your bars are done!
Cool & Enjoy!
Once done, let your gingerbread cookie bars sit for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a cooling rack.
How to Store Cookie Bars
We suggest storing these bars in the refrigerator for longest lasting results! If you’re eating them immediately, they will be fine on the counter, covered, for up to 2-3 days.
Can you freeze these bars?
These gingerbread cookie bars can be frozen easily. After you let them cool completely, cut them into 9 squares. Then, transfer them onto a baking sheet and place in the freezer.
Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then, transfer them into a freezer-safe gallon-size plastic bag and remove as much air as possible and seal. These bars will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pro Tip: Write today’s date and the name of this recipe on the bag so you always remember what they are and how long they’ll last!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground anise
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (or normal chocolate chips)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Next, add all of your dry ingredients (minus the white chocolate chips) to a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients to the eggs and mix well.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to wet ingredients. When ingredients are well combined, pour dough into your baking dish. Spread out evenly with a spatula and sprinkle on white chocolate chips.
- Bake bars at 350ºF for 15-18 minutes (depending on your oven) and how gooey you want your bar.
- Use a toothpick to test the center of your bars. Once done, let sit for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan and transferring to a cooling rack.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 328 Sugar: 20 Sodium: 137 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 2 Protein: 8 Cholesterol: 47
Keywords: gingerbread cookie bars