These Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Oat Pancakes are hearty and delish. They are made with 100% whole grains, no refined sugars, and real apple chunks!
It’s true, I’m a total pancake whore. I make em every week…usually on Sundays and make sure to make a GIANT batch so I can have leftovers. Pancakes are about the only thing Blake will eat “gluten-free” …as long as I don’t use that “fake flour stuff” aka gluten-free all-purpose flour.
One day he will get over it and just eat the damn gluten-free cookies. And like em’ too!
The other day I made spaghetti and totally lied to him telling him I used normal noodles. He takes one bite, looks up at me like a sad puppy as says…”DON’T DO THIS TO ME.”
I proceeded to tell him that they were brown rice noodles, because he’s grown to like those, and said OHHHHH no they’re not. He caught me red handed. I was testing out a new noodle…quinoa noodles. Apparently it tastes like dog food in his opinion. I ate em’ up like it was my job and licked my plate too!
What I’m trying to say is that Blake approves of these pancakes!
And so do I for that matter.
Apple cinnamon is one of those flavors that I just can’t get enough of. I could eat it all day erry day!
On top of these panny cakes, I made some vegan whipped cream sweetened with maple and a hint of cinnamon. AH MAY ZING. Lately I’ve been using the Trader Joe’s brand coconut cream to make my whipped cream. I find that it holds shape much better than just full-fat coconut milk.
I could take a bath in that stuff.
It would actually, probably, definitely be really good for my skin if I did that :D
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large apple, cut into very small pieces
- 1 cup ground gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- First, heat a large pan to medium heat. Then, spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil) and mix. Add coconut oil and mix (we do this to prevent it from hardening).
- Using a 1/4 to 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter onto pan. Let cook for about a minute to a minute and a half per side!