This Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken is perfectly marinated and then grilled to perfection. It’s the ultimate summer dinner.
Easy Grilled Chicken
When in doubt, grilled chicken is a great meal option for any night! We love grilling recipes because there is less clean up in the kitchen, do you feel me?
Grilled chicken is a great option for dinner because you can toss it in a chicken dry rub or a marinade and let it sit!
All you have to do is prep everything in the kitchen and then head out to the grill. We have the Weber Spirit II and we love it!
The Easiest Chicken Marinade
This grilled Greek lemon chicken is SO easy to make. All you have to do is marinate chicken breast in our delicious greek salad dressing. Yes, that’s IT! Simple and flavorful!
Here are all the ingredients you need for the Greek dressing!
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- minced garlic
- lemon juice
- dijon mustard
- dried oregano
Double check that you have everything you need in your pantry now and get moving!
Serve Greek Lemon Chicken with THIS
We decided to serve this lemon chicken with a delicious tomato chutney. We wanted a simple and fresh topper that would add a little sweetness and acidity.
If you are looking for some delicious side dish recipes that will go well with this chicken, check out some of favorites below!
Grilled Greek Chicken 101
Can I use chicken thighs for this recipe?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs for this recipe. It would be delicious! The grill time may change slightly. Just keep an eye on the internal temperature of the chicken.
How long does this chicken last in the refrigerator?
This chicken will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator if it is stored in an air tight container.
What other salad dressing can I use for a marinade with chicken?
If you don’t have ingredients for the Greek dressing or want to mix up the flavor of the chicken, try one of the dressings below as your marinade!
CAN I FREEZE THIS RECIPE?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe! We recommend placing the chicken and marinade in a freezer safe bag and then remove all the air from the bag! From there, place the RAW chicken in the freezer. The chicken will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
When you are ready to eat the chicken, let the chicken thaw and proceed with the recipe.
Watch how to make this recipe!
Grilled Lemon Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons feta crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- First, prepare Greek marinade by mixing together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, and salt. Then, transfer it into a large gallon-size bag or container and then add chicken breast. Make sure chicken is fully submerged in the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Next, preheat grill to 400ºF. Once hot, spray the grill grates with nonstick cooking spray and place the marinated chicken breast over direct heat. Then, place a lemon slice on top of each breast. Close the grill and cook for around 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once you see some beautiful grill marks appear on the chicken, remove the lemon and place it on the top rack and flip the chicken breasts. Close the grill and let cook for another 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once the internal temperature of the chicken breast has reached 165ºF, remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato chutney. Mix together tomatoes, red onion, feta crumbles, basil, and lemon juice.
- Serve chicken breast topped with tomato chutney.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 381 Sugar: 3 Fat: 22 Fiber: 1 Protein: 37
Keywords: Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken