Nothing like cheesecake for breakfast. This Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Overnight Oatmeal recipe is prepped in less than 5 minutes so that you can have a healthy breakfast ready to go in seconds in the AM.
Welcome back to Oatmeal Week 2017. Today is day 2 and dedicated to all of you cheesecake lovers out there (me! me! me!). I am a sweet tooth breakfast kind of girl so when my breakfast tastes like dessert, I’m all for it. Especially if it involves chocolate.
This recipe is made with Better Oats Organic Old Fashioned Oats…my favorite type of oatmeal to make overnight oats with. I find that rolled oats give overnight oats a chewier, more delightful texture. PS: in case you were wondering, rolled oats and old fashioned oats are the same thing. The name is used interchangeably. Don’t worry, it took me forever to realize that, too 😀
The key to perfect overnight oats is the proper ratio of liquid, oats, and chia seeds. As you let them sit in the fridge overnight, they thicken and become heavenly. These oats are made with all of my favorite overnight oat ingredients —
- rolled oats
- chia seeds
- almond milk
- Greek yogurt
- maple syrup
Once you let these oats thicken over night, they are ready for an infusion of smashed raspberries in the morning. We found that by adding the raspberries right before serving, helps preserve their freshness. We even added a beautiful cheesecake swirl on top because why not go all the way for Oatmeal Week?
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Overnight Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 cup Better Oats Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- Place dry and wet ingredients (minus the raspberries) into a bowl and mix until combined.
- Cover and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once your oats have thickened, remove from fridge. Then, use a fork to smash 1/2 cup or raspberries. Leave a few tablespoons out for the topping and add the rest to the overnight oats and mix.
- Top with a swirl of Greek yogurt and smashed raspberries.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 20
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 54
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 7
This post is sponsored by Better Oats. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds and my oatmeal addiction. I was compensated and all opinions are my own.