Get your buffalo chix fix in with this lightened-up and easy grilled buffalo chicken salad made with a deliciously indulgent and Organic Blue Cheese Dressing.
It’s salad season at Fit Foodie HQ and I’m loving every second of it. I took a bit of a salad hiatus for the past 6 months, but I’m back on the train. There’s nothing better than getting all your veggies in one meal…and then some. Today we are partnering with Bolthouse Farms to bring you this perfectly flavored, crunchy, warm and hot at the same time, delicious grilled buffalo chicken salad. It’s topped with Bolthouse Farms’ ridiculously delicious Organic Signature Blue Cheese Dressing to compliment the spiciness of the buffalo chicken.
If you’re a salad person, you know that dressing DOES matter. You don’t want it to be too overpowering, but also flavorful enough to make everything taste delicious. We love this dressing and Bolthouse’s entire refrigerated organic line so much for these reasons. This flavor specifically is:
- made from a yogurt-base
- USDA-certified organic
- 50 calories per 2 tablespoons
It also tastes like the real deal, but is lightened-up, which is how we would make it homemade! Oh, and I can pronounce every ingredient on the ingredient label.
If I haven’t convinced you about this dressing yet you should see the other refrigerated organic dressings : Avocado Ranch, Caesar Vinaigrette, and Raspberry Balsamic. YES PLZ. They are all USDA-certified organic, non-GMO, and less than 60 calories and 5g fat per serving – the better-for-you nutritionals and full of flavor taste is why I feel comfortable declaring “No More Dressing on the Side!”. Ohhhhh, mamacita.
For this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad, we fired up some spicy grilled chicken breast made with a hot sauce + maple syrup marinade on the grill. Bet you didn’t know buffalo chicken on the bbq was so easy! Then, we added in sliced apple, cucumber, tomatoes, and grilled onions into the mix to complete this romaine-based salad! What we loved most about this salad was the combination of both hot and cold and spicy and neutral. So many things happening in one bite.
My one tip for this recipe. DON’T BE AFRAID OF YOUR GRILL. If you’ve never grilled anything before, you just need to jump in! The scariest part is lighting the flame and once you’ve done that, GOLDEN.
Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
For the Buffalo Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 4 heaping cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Bolthouse Farms® Organic Blue Cheese Dressing
- First, preheat grill to 400ºF – 425ºF.
- Then, prepare marinade by mixing together hot sauce and maple syrup.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and then place in a bowl or plastic container. Pour on marinade and let sit in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Prepare the rest of your salad by chopping a cucumber and an apple and halving the tomatoes. Slice the red onion into thin strips, keeping them in their circular form. Set aside.
- Once grill has preheated. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Then, place chicken and onion onto grill.
- Grill chicken for around 7-8 minutes per side. Before flipping, coat with any excess marinade. Flip the onions around the same time.
- Once chicken has finished cooking and has nice grill marks, remove from grill. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Make your salad by placing sliced chicken and all of your veggies on top of a bed of romaine lettuce. Then, add 2 tablespoons of Bolthouse Farms Organic Blue Cheese Dressing on top of each salad and toss. Enjoy!
Find Bolthouse Farms Organic Dressings in the refrigerated produce section of your local grocery store or you can by use their store locator here. Don’t forget to download THIS coupon for $1.50 off when you purchase!
This post is sponsored by Bolthouse Farms. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!