Got 30 minutes? Make this delicious Chicken Chop Salad with Homemade Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing for a quick and easy dish to bring on game day or eat during the week for dinner!
Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut.
WHYYY does that song get stuck in my head on repeat? It’s the worst when you are laying in bed and can’t fall asleep and the only thing that your brain wants to fixate on is that song.
Can you tell I had insomnia the other night?
So this salad.
It has all my favorite foods in it…and then some!
I am excited to be working with Blue Diamond again for this one. The Smokehouse Flavor is one of my favorites…thank you Costco for having this flavor in bulk. For a while I was really stuck on how I could use these guys in a recipe, and then it hit me. SALAD TIME.
Am I the only one who appreciates a good game day salad? Whenever we go to a sports bar to watch the game, I always order a salad so that if I do end up ordering a cider or a glass of wine, I can at least have a healthy meal in front of me.
This salad is loaded with…
- Sweet & Salty Love
Sweet and salty is THE BEST combination ever. That’s why Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds go perfect with a homemade creamy honey mustard dressing. A little bit-a sweet and a little bit-a salt. Mmmmmm nom.
Chicken Chopped Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
For the Chicken Breasts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ~2 teaspoons garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing (adapted)
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
For the Salads (serves 2)
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- 1/2 cup diced apples
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (see above)
- 4 tablespoons homemade honey mustard dressing (see above)
For the Chicken Breasts
- Heat EVOO in a sauce pan to medium heat. Then, season chicken with garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Place chicken breast on sauce pan and cover. Let cook for about 6 minutes and then flip. Cook for an additional 6 minutes. Check chicken breast and if it’s still pink inside, continue cooking until cooked all the way through.
For the Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together all ingredients until smooth.
For the Salads (makes 2)
- Place 2 cups of spring lettuce mix in each bowl. Then, top with gorgonzola cheese, almonds, apples, blueberries, bacon bits, chicken breast, and homemade honey mustard dressing.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own.