Make these crispy air fryer potatoes for perfectly crispy and seasoned skin and tender, fluffy potato on the inside!
Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
These crispy air fryer potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal! They’re perfectly seasoned and air fried to crispy perfection in 10 minutes. We love these taters served alongside sous vide steak and sautéed green beans. Delish!
Why you’ll love ’em!
Perfectly seasoned: you’ll love the simple combination of spices for these air fryer potatoes.
Cooked in 10 minutes: that’s right! All you need is 10 minutes to air fry these to crispy perfection.
Versatile: these crispy potatoes can be served alongside basically anything! Plus, they won’t take up space in the oven since they’re made 100% in the air fryer 😀
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potatoes
These air fryer potatoes are so simple and only require a few ingredients. Here is what you need:
- Baby red potatoes: our #1 tip when air frying potatoes is to make sure that your potatoes are around the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Olive oil: you need the olive oil as your oil and fat to crisp up the potatoes.
- Seasonings: salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried rosemary, paprika and chili powder.
What kind of potatoes can I use for air fryer potatoes?
While we used baby red potatoes, the good news is that you can use any potato! Just make sure you cut them the same size so that they cook evenly. Here are some more options:
- Russet potatoes
- Idaho potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Fingerling potatoes
How to Make Air Fryer Potatoes
Preheat & Prep
Preheat the air fryer to 380ºF and drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in the air fryer.
Add the potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Season the potatoes, and use your hands to massage the oil and seasonings into the potatoes.
Air Fry Potatoes
Transfer the potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook them for 5 minutes, shake the basket, and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Serve & Enjoy!
Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and serve with ketchup, mustard, or any other fixings. Enjoy!
Dipping Sauces for Air Fryer Potatoes
Obviously these potatoes are great dipped in ketchup, but if you’re looking for other dipping options, let us recommend any of these flavor-packed homemade sauces:
Cut potatoes in similar sizes: make sure to cut your taters uniformly so that they’re all around the same size. This will make sure they cook at the same rate.
Cook until golden brown: air fry your potatoes for around 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Ours took 10 minutes and came out crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside (not overdone at all!).
Air fryers vary: Air fryers come in all shapes and sizes. Like ovens, they can vary in temperature. Be sure to check your potatoes half way through to gauge how much additional time is needed.
These crispy potatoes are best enjoyed immediately!
However, if you have any potatoes leftover, they will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
To reheat: place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle them in oil, and bake them at 450ºF until they become crispy again, and are warmed through.
Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs. baby red potatoes ~5 cups red potatoes, rinsed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for the air fryer
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 380ºF* and drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in the air fryer.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and chili powder. Use your hands to massage the oil and seasonings into the potatoes. Be sure the potatoes are covered.
- Transfer the potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook them for 5 minutes, shake the basket, and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer and serve with ketchup, mustard, or any other fixings.
Tips & Notes
- We used a Power XL 7 quart air fryer. Every air fryer has a different size basket. If you have a smaller basket, you may have to cook your potatoes in two batches.
- Some air fryers do not have a 380ºF temperature. If yours does not, set your air fryer to 375ºF.
- Don’t skip the oil in the potatoes or in the air fryer. You need the oil to crisp up the potatoes.
- We bought 1.5 lb. bag of baby potatoes, but you can use more or fewer potatoes and adjust the seasonings accordingly.