These grilled bbq chicken bowls are such a fun summer meal to make, especially if you have leftover grilled chicken!
Easy BBQ Chicken Bowl Recipe
If you’re a bbq chicken lover like we are, then this bbq chicken bowl needs to be added to your must-make list.
It’s made with an easy bbq-grilled chicken breast recipe, a homemade slaw, and a grilled corn + black bean combo that’s so easy to make.
Why you’ll love it!
- Easy meal-prep idea
- Great way to use up leftover bbq chicken
- Protein and veggie-packed
Become a Pro at Cooking Chicken!
We’ll teach you everything you need to know on how to cook chicken perfectly every time + we’ll share our top chicken recipes when you subscribe to our emails today!
What You Need
Grilled BBQ Chicken: the star of the show is truly the grilled bbq chicken. You can either make it fresh or use leftover grilled chicken breast tossed in bbq sauce.
Slaw: this coleslaw is so easy to make made with kale, lime, and cilantro.
Corn + Black Beans: grill up some corn on the cob and toss it with black beans.
Toppings: feel free to use any kind of toppings your heart desires or what you have on hand. Check out our suggestions below.
- Dressing: you can’t go wrong with homemade ranch dressing, but really anything will work! Try green goddess dressing, Greek yogurt dressing, or blue cheese.
Since we’ve mentioned a few times that this bowl is truly the perfect meal to use up your leftovers, there are so many different variations that you could swap in our out.
- Grains: cilantro lime rice would be so yummy and so would coconut rice.
- Slaw/Salad: try our pineapple coleslaw, creamy coleslaw, or corn salad!
How to Make
Learn how to make corn on the cob on the grill – 2 different ways – one in the husk and one shucked! You only need sweet corn, butter, salt, and pepper.
bbq chicken Meal-prep idea!
Make your life a cinch and meal-prep these bbq chicken bowls! All you need are some glass meal-prep containers and then you can portion out all 6 meals for an easy, grab-and-go lunch option.
These bowls are yummy as-is, but if you’re looking for a dessert and/or a few summer beverages, here are some ideas!
BBQ Chicken Bowls
- 1.5 cups white rice or any kind of rice
- 3 cups water
BBQ Grilled Chicken
Black Beans + Corn
- 15 oz. canned black beans rinsed
- 2 ears of corn shucked
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime juiced
- homemade ranch dressing
- Lime juice
- Preheat your grill to 400ºF and add rice and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until rice is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Next mix all of the spices for the bbq chicken into a small bowl. Evenly distribute dry rub all over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts and corn on the grill for 15-20 minutes, rotating corn every five minutes.
- At 8 minutes, flip the chicken breasts and add half of the bbq sauce. Grill for remaining 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- While chicken and corn are on the grill, place all ingredients for coleslaw into a large bowl. Mix well and place in the fridge.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add beans, cumin, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Remove chicken and corn from grill.
- Cut chicken into cubes and toss with the rest of the bbq sauce. Evenly distribute into 6 bowls or meal prep containers.
- Remove slaw from the fridge and evenly distribute corn mixture, slaw, and rice into the bowls.