Spice up your chicken meal prep for the week with these bbq chicken bowls! These bowls are perfect for summer meal-prep. Whether you make them for a healthy weeknight dinner for the family or prep them for lunch at work, you won’t be disappointed with this bbq chicken recipe!
Summer is officially here and we are SO happy about it on Team Fit Foodie. Want to know something super amazing about our job? We only have four day weeks ALL SUMMER LONG. Fridays are a no-work day for Team Fit Foodie. Though we will most likely spend Friday’s together doing something awesome, I feel so blessed to have a job that gives me a little extra time to enjoy the weather during the summer. DO YOU FEEL ME?
You know what else we love to do in the summer? GRILL. Chicken, steak, vegetables. You name it, we grill it. One of our favorite BBQ side dishes right now are these Balsamic Brussel Sprouts on the Grill. If you haven’t tried them, they are a must! Along with grilling recipes, we love eating most of our meals in bowl form, hence these bbq chicken bowls! We have quite a few bowl recipes with chicken, but wanted to do a delicious, light, and summery chicken bowl recipe!
We grilled the chicken for these bbq chicken bowls and served them with a delicious slaw and some black beans and GRILLED corn. This bowl is the perfect combination of warm + cold and also has the perfect balance of textures. Trust us, after you make this recipe for the first time, you are going to add it to the menu multiple times this summer.
Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight meal or the perfect chicken meal-prep recipe for lunch for the week, these Grilled BBQ Chicken Bowls will not disappoint. Don’t worry, if you’re looking for more chicken meal prep recipes on Fit Foodie Finds, we have quite a few. Allow me to remind you of some of our favorite chicken bowl and chicken meal prep recipes!
Chicken Meal-Prep Recipes
- Meal-Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken
- Thai Green Curry Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Morrocan Chicken Bowls
- Crock Pot Sesame Chicken
- Copy Cat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken
- 1.5 cups white rice (or any kind of rice)
- 3 cups water
BBQ Grilled Chicken
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce (any kind)
- 4 cups raw kale coleslaw
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Black Beans + Corn
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- homemade ranch dressing
- Lime juice
- Preheat your grill to 400ºF and add rice and water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until rice is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Next mix all of the spices for the bbq chicken into a small bowl. Evenly distribute dry rub all over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts and corn on the grill for 20-25 minutes, rotating corn every five minutes.
- At 10 minutes, flip chicken breasts and add half of the bbq sauce. Grill for remaining 10-15 minutes.
- While chicken and corn are on the grill, place all ingredients for coleslaw into a large bowl. Mix well and place in the fridge.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add beans, cumin, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Remove chicken* and corn from grill.
- Cut corn off the cob and place it in the medium-sized bowl with the black bean mixture. Mix well.
- Cut chicken into cubes and toss with the rest of the bbq sauce. Evenly distribute into 6 bowls or meal prep containers.
- Remove slaw from the fridge and evenly distribute corn mixture, slaw, and rice into the bowls.