Looking to whip up a batch of healthy cookies? Lighten things up with these crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside healthy vegan cowboy cookies! They’re made with peanut butter, oats, coconut, and walnuts! If you love vegan peanut butter cookies, then I know you’ll love these healthy vegan cowboy cookies!
Growing up, we always had a batch of cookies on the counter. Whether it was my mom’s famous Congo Squares or homemade peanut butter cookies– cookies were and are a go-to snack! One of my best friends growing up, Amanda, used to bring over her mom’s specialty — COWBOY COOKIES. It feels like just yesterday when I experienced my first cowboy cookie, a cookie that really has it all!
Basically, a cowboy cookie is the cookie of all cookie because it has so much baked into every bite! Today I am partnering with my friends at Silk to bring you these amazing health vegan cowboy cookies, but lightened up and egg-free!! I know lots of you can’t eat eggs or prefer not to, so we used a flax egg in these cookies and I don’t think I’ve ever made a better tasting cookie. We kept things dairy-free by using Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk, but if you’re more into their soy or cashew variations– any will work!
So this recipe specifically, is a wee bit crunchy on the outside, but super soft on the inside, just the way a cookie should be! We made a few ingredient swaps to lighten things up a bit such as white whole wheat flour for the white flour, coconut oil for butter, a flax egg for normal eggs, Silk Almondmilk for cow’s milk, and unsweetened coconut for the sugary kind! I promise you that the fam won’t have any idea about these swaps and that they’ll be coming back for seconds!
I prefer to eat mine as a second breakfast with a cup of steaming hot coffee 😀
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Silk unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare flax egg by placing 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Place in fridge and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients except for brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add brown sugar to melted coconut oil, whisk until combined. Then, add flax egg and whisk again. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until your cookie dough has formed.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Then, flatted between your palms (the cookies will not expand!). Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/18 Calories: 208 Sugar: 11 Sodium: 76 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 22 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.