Get tropical our perfect sweet and savory mango guacamole recipe that is ready in 5 minutes. Enjoy with tortilla chips and you’ve got yourself the best snack ever!
Why make classic guacamole when you can make mango guac?! We can’t wait for you to try this tropical twist on one of our favorite dips!
First things first, let’s talk…AVOCADOS. I’ve always got avocados on hand at our house. ALWAYS. I like to buy them at the store when they are still hard, let them sit on my counter until they’ve reached the perfect ripeness, and then into the refrigerator, they go to make sure they’re not TOO ripe when I’m ready to use them.
I’ve found they can last up to 2 weeks if I do this when they reach the perfect ripeness! It’s so frustrating to cut into an avocado only to find an over-ripe, un-salvageable ‘cado.
PS: we have tons of avocado recipes on FFF. Check out some favs:
Super Simple Guac Goodness
If you’ve never made your own guacamole before, it’s super simple! All you need are a few staple ingredients, a bowl and a fork, and you’re on your way to the best dip EVER. Here are the classic guac ingredient staples you need:
- ripe avocados
- lime juice
One of the great things about guac is that you can really make it your own by adding spices, sweetness, and different fruits and veggies.
We’re BIG FANS of the sweet and salty combo you get from this mango guacamole recipe. But if you’re not a mango fan, have no fear! Try adding in peaches, strawberries, or even pineapple!
What to eat guacamole with
Not feeling chips and dip? Go on and get crazy with what you slap your delicious guac on. Some of our favorites include:
- Eggs (try topping our dill salmon scramble with your fav guac.)
- Sweet potato
- Toast (like this strawberry avocado and white cheddar toast!)
- On a sammie
- Bowls (would be amazing on these cilantro lime shrimp bowls)
- Tacos (soooo good on these ahi tuna tacos)
More Serving Suggestions
More Dip Recipes
Mango Guacamole Recipe
- 1 large mango
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro diced (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more, to taste*
- First, peel mango and then cut into small cubes. Set aside.
- Next, remove the flesh and pit from the avocados and place into the bowl. Using a fork, mash until they've reached desired consistency.
- Add in diced cilantro, lime juice, salt, and cubed mango to the avocado. Stir until mixed completely.
- Give the guacamole a taste and add more salt as needed. We actually used around 1/2 teaspoon of salt*, but there is nothing worse than over-salting. So, start with 1/4 teaspoon and go from there.
- Serve mango guacamole with tortilla chips or as a side to accompany any of your favorite dishes.