I’ve never been much of a writer, but I’ve learned to love me a good adjective, so why not use like 10 in one title?
Over the past 5 days I have eaten this at least once per day. It really doesn’t get old. And the homemade limey crunchy salty tortilla strip soup toppers on top…..oh my gawsh.
For the limey crunchy salty tortilla strip soup toppers I used a previous FFF method. Remember my Homemade Baked Corn Tortilla Chips? Yup- say exact method, I just cut the tortillas into strips this time!
- -8-10 mini corn tortillas
- -Nonstick cooking spray
- -Juice from 1/2 lime
- -Sea salt, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to Broil. Then, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Next, using a pizza cutter, slice mini tortillas into strips. Then, arrange them on 2. the baking sheet so that they are not touching.
- 3. Next, lightly spray chips with nonstick cooking spray and squeeze lemon juice on top. Then, sprinkle on sea salt to your preference.
- 4. Broil the first side for about 2-3 minutes watching it very closely. Once it begins to turn brown, remove from oven, flip, and put back in for an additional 1.5 - 2 minutes. Again, make sure you keep a close eye on them so that they don't burn!
What’s great about this recipe, is that you can add whatever veggies, beans, or grains you have in your kitchen. Next time I’m adding more beans like kidney and black. Quinoa or brown rice would also be a delicious addition.
I’m already excited for next week’s one pot Sunday.