Try this Meal-Prep Chicken Cacciatore Quinoa Bake for dinner this week. It has all of the delicious flavors and ingredients of traditional chicken cacciatore, but with a healthy and quick twist!
Hey, friends! It is @linleyshands here. Lee and I are currently sitting at Studio 2 Cafe checking off things on our to-do list. It has been a CRAZY couple of months for Team Fit Foodie and this is one of the first days in a long time that Lee and I have been able to sit down, get caught up on writing and emails, and actually brainstorm fresh and new ideas for the year. What’s been keeping us so busy? There has been quite a bit of travel between us and we have been working our butts off on a new project for The Healthy Glow Collective that launches in January (GET EXCITED).
We get a lot of questions from you guys wondering what our days are actually like and how our days are laid out. These last couple months we have been working on recipes and content for HGC during the day and writing and working on content for Fit Foodie Finds by night. We have been GSD. Team Fit Foodie and Ambitious Kitchen are talking on the daily most days so it’s like we have virtual co-workers. It’s pretty great. We love what we do, but it has been so nice to have a little breathing room to channel our creative energy into recipe creation for Fit Foodie this holiday season! One of our new favorite recipes is this Meal-prep Chicken Cacciatore Quinoa Bake.
It has been too long since we posted a casserole recipe on FFF. We had Casserole Week last year that included SO many delicious casserole recipes like—-> Healthy Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Brown Rice, Naked Spinach Quinoa Lasagna Casserole, Sweet Potato Green Curry Quinoa Casserole, Cauliflower Mac N Chicken Casserole, and Asian Stuffed Pepper Steak Quinoa Casserole. These recipes are hard to beat, but this Meal-prep Caccitore Quinoa Bake gives our other casserole recipes a run for their money. 🙂
Traditional Chicken Cacciatore is made with braised chicken, herbs, onions, peppers, tomato sauce, and is then simmered until it is bubbling with warm flavors and the chicken is falling on the bone. Lee and I love everything about traditional chicken cacciatore but wanted to add a Fit Foodie twist to the traditional meal by making it meal-prep friendly for an easy weeknight dinner.
This dinner is easy, accessible, and made with all kinds of veggies and ingredients that you probably have at home right now! Don’t wait, make this Chicken Cacciatore Quinoa Bake for dinner tonight!
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 26 oz. jar of organic, no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×11-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine crushed tomatoes, marinara sauce, spices, and chicken broth in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Next, place quinoa, chicken, and veggies on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Pour sauce mixture into the casserole dish and mix everything together.
- Cover the casserole dish with tin foil, seal well, and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole dish from the oven, stir, re-cover with tin foil, and place back into the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let rest for around 10 minutes and then top with parmesan.