Add some zing to your meatballs and make a homemade kung pao sauce with 100% clean eating ingredients! Everyone will love these Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs.
So I have officially given every reason for the world to believe I have a ball fetish. Over the past month and a half…9 of the recipes on FFF have been some sort of ball.
I’m rolling with it because I think it’s high.larious. And…I sort of have a ball fetish.
Ask my freezer. It’s home to at least 50 balls at a time.
So. These meatballs.
Yup, they need to be added to your list of things to make ASAP. Remember FFF’s Healthy Kung Pao Chicken that went up in April? Well, I completely cheated and stole the sauce from that recipe. Why? Because it’s gotten RAVE REVIEWS from FFF readers and these balls were the perfect reason to reinvent it!
I tested this recipe with both ground chicken and ground turkey so pick your poison.
Because this question is bound to be asked…no you can not sub sweet potato, tofu, or quinoa for the meat in order to make it vegetarian. Well, I’m sure you could, I just haven’t tried it myself!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour (any kind of flour)
- ⅓ cup rolled oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, prep meatball mixture by placing all ingredients into a large bowl and mixing until combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop (note: these are bite-sized, not giant!), scoop out mixture and mold into a ball with your hands. It works best if your hands are slightly wet with water. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake meatballs at 400ºF for 25-28 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden brown.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prep the kung pao sauce, by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the meatballs have slightly cooled, toss in sauce. Serve hot!
If you guys make this recipe, please please leave a comment and let me know how it went! Better yet, Snap or Instagram me a photo —> fitfoodiefinds.