Are you ready for the easiest chicken taco recipe on the planet? All you need is 4 ingredients and a crock-pot to get the tenderest and most flavorful tacos EVER!
Lately I have been rotating out the background on my phone to be BE BEST PHOTO I’ve ever taken. It pretty much changes weekly and currently these tacos are sitting loud and proud on my lock screen. RIGHTFULLY SO.
HOW PRETTY ARE THESE LITTLE TACO BABIES?!
Okay, going a little cray with the all caps. Guys- 4 ingredients is all you need + whatever toppings float your boat. This recipe needs to be made #noexcuses.
- chicken breast
- black beans
Since this is your recipe, feel free to use your favorite salsa. That means it can be mild or spicy. If you tell me this is too spicy, it’s your own fault 😛 JK, but seriously. You get to measure the heat in this recipe.
In case you are wondering…here is the crock-pot I use —> Hamilton Beach. I have the 6-quart one, which I really love. The bigger the better, amiright?
Crock-Pot Chicken Salsa Tacos
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 4 oz. chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz. jar of salsa
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your crock-pot and rub with minced garlic. Cover and turn to high for 2-3 hours or until chicken is fully cooked and tender. Using two forks, shred chicken. Then, add in a jar of salsa and a can of black beans and mix. Serve in taco shells with minced onion and avocado!
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Protein: 31
If you’re not feeling like tacos…I suggest turning this shredded salsa chicken into a bowl. When in doubt – make a bowl. Serve this meat on top of some brown rice or quinoa, add in some fajita vegetables, and top with all of your favorite things. Lunch for days.