Just because Spring is approaching doesn’t mean you have to nix all things winter. I love me a yummy iced chai or chai protein smoothie during the warmer months 😀 I decided to combine my chai spice resources into one chai spice powder for easy access. That way, I can have a sprinkle of chai here and there without going through the hassle of re-mixing the spices.
What do you need?
- An old spice container
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
Now I can tuck my chai spices away with my baking supplies and keep the single chai spice mix handy and accessible!
I am a stickler for saving old spice containers…especially the ones I buy from Penzey’s. They are really high quality and glass. You never know when you might make your own mix 😀 See! I came in handy for once…
I am planning on posting one of my favorite snacks next week, with a chai twist. Any guesses from the photo below?
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in a small spice container.
Here are 10 more “summery” chai recipes (healthy & not-so-healthy) that I can’t wait to make with my new spice mix!
- Iced Chai Tea Latte via Big Girls Small Kitchen
- Chai Popsicles via Spelonca
- Coconut Vanilla Chai Milkshake via The Diva Dish
- No-Bake Chai Cheese Pie via Taste of Home
- Overnight Chai Steel Cut Oats via This Homemade Life
- Chai Breakfast Smoothie via Simple Dish
- Apple Chai Pancakes via the Healthy Maven
- Raw Chai Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting via Plant Powered Kitchen
- Chocolate Chai Tea Cupcakes via Shape Magazine
- Vanilla Chai Smoothie via Run Pretty Blog
Have any fun summery chai recipes? Share em in the comments!