In this post, we’re sharing an easy oatmeal recipe for you to enjoy. Plus, we’re sharing our best healthy oatmeal recipes to inspire you to start your day off right with the perfect bowl of oats!
This list of healthy oatmeal recipes brings you all the oatmeal flavor combos you could ever imagine. With its high fiber content, oatmeal is sure to keep you full all morning to conquer the day ahead!
This is our go-to oatmeal recipe on Fit Foodie Finds. So many readers have made this recipe and loved it so much and we hope you do too.
All Things Oatmeal
I can’t wait to talk about all things oatmeal. I’ve been an oatmeal lover since college and haven’t turned back since. From stove-top oats to overnight oats to slower cooker oats to oats in the Instant Pot…oatmeal will forever be my breakfast of choice.
Why do I love oats so much? Well, they’re…
- High in fiber and antioxidants
- 100% whole grain
- Gluten-free and vegan-friendly
- The best healthy breakfast ever
Plus, oatmeal makes you regular…aka it helps you poop. You know I’m all about my morning poop, so that’s just another one of the million reasons I love oatmeal.
Oatmeal Kitchen Staples
To get you started on your healthy oatmeal-making journey, we’ve rounded up some kitchen staples. These kitchen appliances and items will make your morning oatmeal a breeze!
- Slow cooker
- Instant Pot
- Calphalon Pot
- Kitchen Ninja
- Earlywood sticks
- Measuring cups
- Glass oat storage
- Mason jars
- Casserole dish
Oatmeal Ingredient Staples
Since I am an oatmeal connoisseur (:P) and know all the good stuff that should be included in your very own oatmeal recipe, here are some of our must-have ingredients.
- rolled oats
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- Greek yogurt
- vanilla extract
- unsweetend almond milk
- protein powder
- dried and fresh fruit
- nuts and seeds
With that said, I thought it would be an excellent idea to share a basic, super simple, 5-minute healthy oatmeal recipe that you could make a staple in your own kitchen. Feel free to add whatever you’d like and get creative with the toppings. Enjoy!
5-Minute Healthy Oatmeal Recipe
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to low/medium and continually stir for around 3-5 minutes as the oatmeal cooks and thickens.
- Once oatmeal is at the desired consistency, remove from heat, and serve immediately.
If you didn’t like that oatmeal recipe above, we’ve got a lot more inspiration where that came from! Now check out all of our best oatmeal recipes that will turn you into an absolute oatmeal lover…if you aren’t already there 😉
Stovetop Oatmeal Recipes
Stovetop oatmeal recipes take a little extra effort, but they make your oatmeal extra fluffy and delicious. Check out some of the best stovetop oatmeal recipes on the internet below!
- Fluffy Banana Bread Stove Top Oats
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Oatmeal
- Superfood Oatmeal Bowl
- Srawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
Overnight oats are an easy way to meal-prep your breakfast for the week. You only need a few staple ingredients and then different add-ons to make a breakfast that tastes like dessert, but that’s actually healthy!
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Coconut Latte Overnight Oats
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats
- Birthday Cake Batter Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chia Overnight Oats
- Espresso Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- Brownie Batter Swirl Overnight Oats
- Maple French Toast Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Cover Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Vegan Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Oatmeal doesn’t have to be boring! Make one of these amazing baked oatmeal recipes for a crowd-pleasing breakfast.
- Dark Chocolate Berry Oatmeal Bake
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bake
- Apple Chai Oatmeal Cups
- Best Baked Oatmeal
Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Oatmeal Recipes
Throw all of your ingredients for one of these slow cooker oatmeal recipes into your crock-pot and you’ve got a healthy breakfast recipe waiting to be eaten.
- Crock-Pot Samoa Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crock Pot Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- 10-Minute Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
We’ve gotten lots of questions over the years about oatmeal and thought we could hopefully answer some questions that you have in case you were wondering!
- Is oatmeal good for weight loss? While I am not a registered dietitian, I do know that oatmeal is packed with fiber, antioxidants, and whole grains which are recommended for a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.
- Why is oatmeal good for you? Oatmeal is an excellent grain choice because it’s whole, naturally gluten-free, vegan, and minimally processed.
- How to make oatmeal taste good: There are so many ways to make oatmeal taste good and I suggested using one of the above recipes to do so! For starts, think fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and more!
- How much fiber/carbs/calories are in oatmeal? Per 1/2 cup (dry) serving, there are 3g fiber, 27g carbs, 150 calories, 3g fat in rolled oatmeal. You can find this information HERE.