Sweet potatoes for every meal of the day (+ snacks and dessert!)! We rounded up 50 of our favorite healthy sweet potato recipes from Fit Foodie Finds (+ from some of our friends) and put them all right here for you. Get all the benefits and flavor of sweet potatoes with these delicious sweet potato recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert!
Before we dive into the 50 best sweet potato recipes, let’s chat through some of the basics. Sweet potatoes can be used in so many delicious ways, but let’s discuss a few of the easy ways we cook sweet potatoes to be incorporated in many of the recipes below. Once you know how to roast sweet potatoes and make sweet potato puree, you’re well on your way to sweet tater success ;)
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes (The Basics)
We’re all about going back to the basics here at Fit Foodie Finds, which is why we have 2 super simple tutorials on 1. how to roast sweet potatoes so that you can make all of your favorite roasted sweet potato recipes as well as 2. how to make sweet potato puree. Sweet potato puree is great for baking and other fun sweet potato recipes!
Ceramic Knife – Best for Cutting Sweet Potatoes
There is a really good chance you’re going to need to slice your sweet potatoes in some way, shape, or form. We HIGHLY suggest picking up a ceramic knife because they cut through sweet potatoes and other hard vegetables like butter…no joke! We LOVE this set by Chef’s Foundry. It’s only $69 for 3 different sizes of ceramic knives!
Buy now HERE!
Sweet Potato FAQs
sweet potato calories
In 1 cup of cubed sweet potatoes, there is about 114 calories.
sweet potato nutrition
Sweet potatoes are a healthy root vegetable that have an amazing nutrition profile. Per 1 cup of cubed sweet potatoes: 114 calories, .1g fat, 27g protein, 27g carbs, 4g fiber, 6g sugar, 2.1g protein.
sweet potato vs yam
What’s the difference between a sweet potato and a yam? GREAT QUESTION. Sweet potatoes and yams are essentially the same thing! Actually, yams are a type of sweet potato. Crazy, right?
carbs in sweet potato
In 1 cup of cubed sweet potatoes, there is about 27g of carbs.
sweet potato benefits
There are so many amazing sweet potato benefits. Here are a few of my favorites:
- They are an excellent complex carbohydrate
- Sweet potatoes are high in fiber.
- Loaded with vitamin b and c, and manganese
Now onto 50 of our favorite healthy sweet potato recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks AND desserts! What are some of your go-to recipes with sweet potatoes? Share ’em with us in the comments!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipes
Can you really use sweet potatoes in savory AND sweet breakfast recipes?! The answer is YES, my friends. From waffles to omelettes to burritos, these sweet potato breakfast recipes will help you start your day off with a protein and veggie-packed breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
- Sweet Potato Power Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Kale Hash
- Sweet Potato Hash Egg Cups
- Shoe String Sweet Potatoes with Sea Salt
- Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Protein Waffles from Ambitious Kitchen
- Healthy Sweet Potato Black Bean Avocado Breakfast Burritos from Ambitious Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Egg Boats with Avocado Crema and Bacon from The Healthy Maven
- Sweet Potato French Toast with Bacon from Heartbeet Kitchen
- Two Egg Omelette with Sweet Potato Noodles from Heartbeet Kitchen
Sweet Potato Lunch Recipes
You know we’re all about meal prep recipes at Fit Foodie Finds, and these recipes are perfect for lunches on the go. Not only do sweet potatoes keep well in the fridge, you can easily warm them up without losing texture.
- Sweet Potato Vegan Buddha Bowl
- Easy Grilled Sweet Potato Pizzas
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 3 Ways
- Vegan Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- Sweet Potato Lentil Stew
- Cashew Curry Chicken Salad Sweet Potato Toast
- Grilled Sweet Potato Salad from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Sweet Potato Recipes for Dinner
It’s dinner time and these healthy sweet potato recipes for dinner are calling your name! Whether you’re serving a crowd, or just cooking a quiet weekday dinner, these recipes pack protein, veggies and all the good flavor.
- Healthy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Turkey Sweet Potato Enchilada Posts
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Nachos
- Sweet Potato Green Curry Quinoa Casserole
- Mexican Quinoa Sweet Potato Casserole
- Green Curry Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs
- Sweet Potato Spinach Lasagna
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Gratin
- Curried Turkey Sloppy Joe Sweet Potato Bowls from Little Bits Of
- Caramelized Onion Kale Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes from Little Bits Of
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos from Ambitious Kitchen
- Paleo Coconut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodle Soup from Ambitious Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi from Heartbeet Kitchen
Sweet Potato Snacks and Side Recipes
We couldn’t leave you hanging without any yummy sweet potato snacks and sides! These recipes are great as appetizers for your next get-together, or simply served as a side of your main dish.
- Sweet Chili Sweet Potato Fries with Thai Curry Yogurt Dip
- Baked Cheddar Sweet Potato Fritters
- Itty Bitty Sweet Potato Stacks
- Kid-Friendly Sweet Potato Pizza Bites
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Sweet Maple Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Muffins from Ambitious Kitchen
- Baked Sweet Potato Tater Tots from Minimalist Baker
- Honey Nut Cluster Sweet Potato Snack Mix from Heartbeet Kitchen
Sweet Potato Dessert Recipes
All my sweet tooth people out there! These desserts are DELICIOUS. Sweet potatoes add such great texture to baked treats without overpowering on flavor. Our ladies at The Healthy Maven, Little Bits Of, Ambitious Kitchen, Minimalist Baker and Heartbeet Kitchen do not mess around when it comes to desserts, so their sweet potato dessert recipes come highly recommended as well.
- Sneaky Sweet Potato Skillet Brownies
- Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies from The Healthy Maven
- Chocolate Dipped Sweet Potato Toast with Strawberry Salsa from Little Bits Of
- Superfood Sweet Potato Dessert Fries from Minimalist Baker
- Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato Chips from Minimalist Baker
- Sweet Potato Pie with Sweet and Salty Pecan Crust from Ambitious Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Muffins with Walnut Streusel from The Healthy Maven
- Bakery Style Gluten Free Coffee Cake from Heart Beet Kitchen